DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[Bug] Text showing erratic behavior when using Numenera rules set.

I used FGU to run a game of Numenera tonight, and we ran into a problem with some of the text display which would appear to be a bug. The first item noticed was that the PC characteristic pools were displaying incorrectly or not at all on the character sheet. Example in attachment. Note also the distortion on the word Might at the top, this was observed elsewhere.

All character sheets were affected. All players and GM saw this and from chat the patterns seen appeared consistent.

Additionally, text in the Images panel glitched out when moused over, adding random characters before the expected text.

This appears to be happening with both campaigns I am running, I started a server for the other to confirm the problem was with both.

When I ran Numenera on Sunday 12th (2 days ago) this was not happening.

I am running Windows 10, fully up to date. I am in the UK, English (United States) set. The campaign was created in FGU. A small package of assets were imported which was created in FGC, and the characters were exported from FGC and imported into FGU. Like I say, all was fine until tonight.

A quick test seems to show that this is only happening with the Numenera rules set, though I note a thread referring to small test in other rules sets, may be related? Much less severe though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i am having an issue with my AlienRPG ruleset too, a lot of text isn't acting the way it should, my AdobeBlank.ttf isn't loading at all so the text is some tiny default of sorts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAlpha View Post
    I used FGU to run a game of Numenera tonight, and we ran into a problem with some of the text display which would appear to be a bug. The first item noticed was that the PC characteristic pools were displaying incorrectly or not at all on the character sheet. Example in attachment. Note also the distortion on the word Might at the top, this was observed elsewhere.

All character sheets were affected. All players and GM saw this and from chat the patterns seen appeared consistent.

Additionally, text in the Images panel glitched out when moused over, adding random characters before the expected text.

This appears to be happening with both campaigns I am running, I started a server for the other to confirm the problem was with both.

When I ran Numenera on Sunday 12th (2 days ago) this was not happening.

I am running Windows 10, fully up to date. I am in the UK, English (United States) set. The campaign was created in FGU. A small package of assets were imported which was created in FGC, and the characters were exported from FGC and imported into FGU. Like I say, all was fine until tonight.

A quick test seems to show that this is only happening with the Numenera rules set, though I note a thread referring to small test in other rules sets, may be related? Much less severe though.
    It looks like you are using a theme extension. Can you tell me which one? Thanks.

I am using the 'Simple Grey' theme that comes with FGU.

I just pushed an update to Cypher rulesets with an updated font for those fields.

JPG

@pr6i6e6st,

Can you please start a new thread for your issue? Please include some sample screen comparisons; as well as attaching the relevant font files for Carl to review.

Regards,
    JPG

I just had a very quick look and that looks like it has fixed the problem! Thanks!

I will run up the server tonight and get my players to check, then confirm.

I can confirm that this issue is resolved. My players checked and their attribute pools are displaying properly.

Thanks.

Thread Information