5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

[Extension] Ongoing temporary hitpoints

Forge link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/5/view

NOTE: Use the forge link for the FGU version; FGC version is attached below, but the FGC version won't receive new features anymore

Hi

Some days ago there was some request about an effect which applies ongoing temporary hit points, like REGEN but for temp HP while satisfying rules for temp HP (especially no stacking, highest value is taken as usually when you use the temp HP heal button). I uploaded this already on Discord days ago but I thought I can share it here, too. But since I normally not code for 5e, I would be happy when someone can take care of this extension (otherwise I try to remember that for each update, but no guarantee :P I adjusted the code in such a way that it should be as compatible as possible when it is about other extensions and updates).

The effect is TEMPO and its value is (D), so any number or die. It applies temporary hit points at the start of one's turn like in heroism. Be aware of that this extension is probably not compatible with every extension

The only "problem" might be some very edge case together with DMGO when it is about the order of when the effects should be applied; e.g., you have 5 HP, 4 wounds and the effects TEMPO: 2; DMGO: 1. When TEMPO gets applied first then you would not fall unconscious, but when DMGO would be applied first then you become unconscious and have to roll death rolls, since temporary hit points do not affect physical states (at least that is how FG treats it seemingly). I was not able to find any answer about what the correct order is in 5e, seemingly noone else asked this somewhere in the internet FG now handles the effects in the order at which they are handled in the code; first comes, first served (when both are dice, then the faster die will be served first and so on). But that is a very rare situation, I guess, so, it is hopefully useful for someone else A specific order can be forced by adjusting the initiative of the effects (like actor on init 15, then TEMPO at 15.1 for applying TEMPO first for example)

Best,

Kelrugem

UPDATE: After another request/motivation in the Discord, I added a new effect: ROLLON: [table name] <-c [column name]> <-d dice> <-hide>
    What this is doing: Exactly as the macro /rollon but as an effect which gets triggered automatically at the beginning of one's turn The request was about automating confusion, with that you can let the effect automatically roll the outcome of confusion at the beginning of the turn
    E.g.: ROLLON: test will automatically roll on the table named test (when exisisting) on the beginning of the carrier's turn
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 15th, 2021 at 17:46.

Nice one; thanks for sharing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Nice one; thanks for sharing.
    Yeah, a very smal extension

After another request/motivation in the Discord, I added a new effect: ROLLON: [table name] <-c [column name]> <-d dice> <-hide>
    What this is doing: Exactly as the macro /rollon but as an effect which gets triggered automatically at the beginning of one's turn The request was about automating confusion, with that you can let the effect automatically roll the outcome of confusion at the beginning of the turn

E.g.: ROLLON: test will automatically roll on the table named test (when exisisting) on the beginning of the carrier's turn
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 22nd, 2020 at 03:30.

Small update The table name for ROLLON now supports numbers in front of the table name like "018 Test", this was not possible before because number-prefixes in effects get interpreted as numbers usually Now that should work, except "0 test", i.e. 0 as number will not work in front (but "0test" would of course) That would funnily need a little bit more rewrite, but when someone wants the 0 then just tell me

I have a weapon that grants Temp HP based on the damage done, up to 50. I got the majority of this working by creating the weapon as a Power. I am now trying to figure out how to take the damage done and use that result to assign to a "Heal" to temp HP. The only way I got it to work is by re-rolling the damage dice in the heal. Any ideas if this is possible?
    Thanx,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Iadicicco View Post
    I have a weapon that grants Temp HP based on the damage done, up to 50. I got the majority of this working by creating the weapon as a Power. I am now trying to figure out how to take the damage done and use that result to assign to a "Heal" to temp HP. The only way I got it to work is by re-rolling the damage dice in the heal. Any ideas if this is possible?
    Hm, my knowledge about 5e is not so extensive, but there is no effect for this (the TEMPO effect is just like REGEN but for temp HP). Keep the heal button with a fixed button for temp HP heal and just edit the number after you have rolled the damage Or simply type the temp HP gain in the box manually (Probably this gain of temp HP is stacking, up to 50? then the manual edit is the best method due to that the temp heal button only overwrites the value when bigger)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hm, my knowledge about 5e is not so extensive, but there is no effect for this (the TEMPO effect is just like REGEN but for temp HP). Keep the heal button with a fixed button for temp HP heal and just edit the number after you have rolled the damage Or simply type the temp HP gain in the box manually (Probably this gain of temp HP is stacking, up to 50? then the manual edit is the best method due to that the temp heal button only overwrites the value when bigger)
    I have been putting the Temp HP in manually, just trying to get as much automated as possible. I didn't catch that it only updated the Temp HP is bigger, thanx for the response.
    Thanx,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Iadicicco View Post
    I have been putting the Temp HP in manually, just trying to get as much automated as possible. I didn't catch that it only updated the Temp HP is bigger, thanx for the response.
    you're welcome

one could indeed write an extension for your thing though; so, maybe you have luck and someone is coding that at some point, or you try your luck (I sadly mainly code for 3.5e/PF1 and try to avoid too many "outside" extensions due to maintenance )

Edit: Never mind, figure it out and it is stacking. Thanks for the extension!!!

Hi, I don't know if I'm puttind de input wrong, but the temporary hp is not stacking. It gives 4 temp HP in the first round, but in the next one, if the 4 temp hp are still there, it doens't add 4 thus becoming 8 temp HP.
    I'm new to FG so I think I might be doing something wrong

I've changed the code of Heroism to Heroism; (C); TEMPO: 4;.

Is it correct?
    Last edited by theawesomeraccoon; June 27th, 2020 at 22:30.

Thread Information