FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 20 First ... 71516171819 ... Last

Thread: Lock Tokens

Hello !

Trying to use token lock in FGU but it appears not to work. If I valid the player movement it doesn't move the token at all.
    Try many maps..

Any idea ?
    Ultimate Licence 4.0.10
    French Player
    Using FG since September 2016, FGU since Septembre 2020
    with following extensions : Advanced Effets, All Automatic Effect by rob2e, Coin Weight, Constitutional Amendments,
    Roll for Initiative, Death indicators, Battlestats, Alternative Wound Colors,
    Dice Color Changer, Local Dice Tower

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoltok View Post
    Hello !

Trying to use token lock in FGU but it appears not to work. If I valid the player movement it doesn't move the token at all.
    Try many maps..

Any idea ?
    Toggle the grid visibility on or off or adjust the grid. There is a known bug that should be resolved in the next release for this.

Arrow key wise it might be a good idea to allow for up left, up right, down left and down right to diagonals. I have a number of players who lack numberpads on their keyboards. Usually handled by automatically combining inputs hit within a 50-100ms timeperiod to accommodate keys being pressed together.

As for the theming of the arrows, sad to hear as is they are exceptionally bright and colourful and I frequently run games that are, less than cheery -laughs-.

Some other requests:

- Toggle key that turns it on regardless of whether token lock is on or not (like with the GM but for everyone).

- A key to press as a GM to approve movement and or an option menu toggle to allow players to approve their own movement. Spacebar when hovered is a nice option though. Middle mouse works for legacy reasons too.

Hi all! Just my two cents on that...would it be possible to match the arrow of the token movement with the color of the dice, without gradient (or maybe the possibility to select between these options)?

As such, it would be possible to recognize between the different players movement planning.

Just my two cent. truly amazing work by the way!

Cheers

I like this lock token feature. However we had a problem using it in our game. Some players could use the arrow keys to move their token waypoints, others had to use the mouse to set waypoints. I could not figure out why some could use the arrow keys and others could not. Please explain this.

Good evening I just played a game using lock tokens and I found the movement once i approved the move very slow and laggy has anyone else had this issue and please let me know i this is in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer58 View Post
    I like this lock token feature. However we had a problem using it in our game. Some players could use the arrow keys to move their token waypoints, others had to use the mouse to set waypoints. I could not figure out why some could use the arrow keys and others could not. Please explain this.
    If your players were trying to use the numpad then it only works if numlock is off. Otherwise there's no reason why if they were just using arrow keys for some to work and others not.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by paul23212 View Post
    Good evening I just played a game using lock tokens and I found the movement once i approved the move very slow and laggy has anyone else had this issue and please let me know i this is in the wrong place.
    Yes, it's a bit slow on bigger maps.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'd love to have some way to adjust token speed, as my tokens are really sprinting around even on quite large maps (Wave Echo Cave, LoS active and quite a few NPC present). I'm guessing the speed is linked to computer power at this point in development, and as I got a beefy new rig a few months ago it's feel wrongly speeded up, so some level of user adjustability would be great to account for different pc specs.

Cheers,

Simon

Thread Information