5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 13 of 20 First ... 31112131415 ... Last

Thread: Lock Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    Just gave it a test run, Worked PERFECTLY! Thank You FGU Team!
    Yeah, this is exactly what I was asking for. Not worried about moves through walls because I wont accept that move, I would just manually move them to the desired location instead.

Its perfect, I love how movement looks so different than targeting... there is no mistaking the two like it was in Classic, this token locking is better than it was in Classic

Quote Originally Posted by DwightLee View Post
    Yeah, this is exactly what I was asking for. Not worried about moves through walls because I wont accept that move, I would just manually move them to the desired location instead.

Its perfect, I love how movement looks so different than targeting... there is no mistaking the two like it was in Classic, this token locking is better than it was in Classic
    They stop at walls automatically (just in case you did not know about that feature, though there is some reported bug about that on the players' side it might look differently)

Carl has some plans to update the targeting and pointers eventually as well; but token locking was the big item to get out.

Regards,
    JPG

Really good! I tested as GM only. Waiting for the session next week to see this in action.

One request: Each node could have a confirm/cancel button, so the GM can authorize partial movement.
    - - -
    FG Classic / FG Unity Ultimate
    Playing D&D 5th

The buttons don't seem to work for me. I click the green check mark, the move line goes away and the token stays put.

EDIT: tried on a different map and it worked fine.

EDIT 2: This was the issue Doug called out above where it doesn't work until you turn on the grid.
    Last edited by darrenan; September 25th, 2020 at 22:47.

@darrenan,
    Thanks for the confirmation. We'll have a fix for that one next week.

Regards,
    JPG

So, I just reviewed Photoshop, and it uses Control key for inverting snap behaviors when moving objects, just like we are doing for tokens now.
    However, the token locking for GMs was on Control key in FGC, which was brought over; but FGC doesn't have the invert snap option either.

So, my two options to avoid the modifier key overloading (which I plan to do either way) are either to:
    A) Move GM token planned movement when token locked to use the Alt key instead; OR
    B) Remove invert snap from Control key, and only use for GM planned movement

I'm leaning towards option A for consistency with drawing program shortcut keys. Thoughts?

Regards,
    JPG

I like consistency so I’m with A.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I like A as well
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Nice feature!
    One question: Can the final waypoint be dragged?
    For instance if your player went 5' to far and you don't want to cancel the full movement. Only the last 5'.

Thread Information