5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Mork Borg Ruleset [Released; Looking for collaborators!]

MORK BORG, an artpunk RPG!
    A doom metal album of a game. A spiked flail to the face. Rules light, heavy everything else.
    MÖRK BORG is a pitch-black apocalyptic fantasy RPG about lost souls and fools seeking redemption, forgiveness or the last remaining riches in a bleak and decaying world. Who are you? The tomb-robber with silver glittering between cracked fingernails? The mystic who would bend the world’s heart away from it’s inevitable end? The world is dying. And you with it.
    By Pelle Nilsson Text, Johan Nohr and dead people!!!

It is rules light, easy to run and has no chains attached, except when you have to drag your fat loot from the dungeon!

I hope I have your attention now! Due to the lockdown and spike of games I run and play at, I felt some burnout and had to escape to some totally different system for a change. Suddenly I found myself extremely excited by this new game, published from my favorite company Fria Liga, and developed by totally mental people (in the good way ).

Without further ado, I present you the first release of the ruleset and a call to arms!

Release Notes:
    1.4: Abilities/Combat frame added in addition to the default CoreRPG one. The attribute/combat rolls are against static DC 12 (normal and used during combat).
    1.3: Character sheet layout update
    1.2: New desktop decal added. License info updated. New strings.
    1.1: Filters & Tables added to Powers and Gear/Items libraries.
    1.0: Initial Release. Character sheet based partially on CoreRPG.

Things to do:
    - Add desktop panels for Difficulty Ratings (optional for players) and dynamic roll reporting
    - Combat Tracker to show weapons/hp/armor rolls for fast play

Call to Arms
    I want to develop fully working ruleset, based on the CoreRPG for this jewel. I am half way there. Need assistance on the LUA part. Ping me if you can and want to help.

Information
    Product webpage - https://morkborg.com/
    Very good review - https://youtu.be/F7bJq_dwND8
    Soundtrack for inspiration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad_qMrqwLpM
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Valyar; February 12th, 2022 at 08:08. Reason: Update to 1.4
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thanks, damned! I hope I see it through

After half day of work and extremely annoying pixel-level adjustments of the various checkboxes, frames and lists and strings of support text, the character sheet is now polished and ready for game. The ruleset now provides completely playable experience and I already started doing the module for the small but awesome content.

Still have to do the combat tracker and find time to move away from the CoreRPG Attribute/Skills frame, but this requires LUA dark magics that I have energy and capacity to handle at the moment. If someone wanna join, you know where to find me

Last edited by Valyar; April 16th, 2020 at 08:34.

The authors granted their permission to publish the ruleset. Release 1 is out!!!
    Let the mayhem begin!
    Last edited by Valyar; April 16th, 2020 at 08:24.

The ruleset has been updated with the following changes:
    1.1: Filters & Tables added to Powers and Gear/Items libraries.

Screenshot for the non-believers and other heretics:

Small update today - new desktop decal that can be switched to when a Misery occurs!

Next steps are to make some proper rolls, so I can drop the CoreRPG compound ones.

How can one acquire your hard work. Woke up this morning with a hankering to see what it would take to make a Mork Borg ruleset for FG. And voila! Here you are. Unfortunately I don't know LUA at all, but as I dig into stuff maybe I can assist?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumgurgle View Post
    How can one acquire your hard work. Woke up this morning with a hankering to see what it would take to make a Mork Borg ruleset for FG. And voila! Here you are. Unfortunately I don't know LUA at all, but as I dig into stuff maybe I can assist?
    Hey Bumgurgle,

I am glad someone will have use of the ruleset I prepared and is fan of Mork Borg!!! You can get the ruleset and XML templates freely from the first post. You download the .pak file and put it in <fantasy grounds data dir>\ruleset and the XML files are prepared example for character and one blank template to import for each player. I am still working on proper character sheet where you have dedicated fields and reporting in the console, but it is WiP and still unpolished. Screenshot is attached for hype

The project is in GitLab, I can grant access to anyone that is interested to help or they can get the files from the .pak archive and give me the updated content to re-upload.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Hey Bumgurgle,

I am glad someone will have use of the ruleset I prepared and is fan of Mork Borg!!! You can get the ruleset and XML templates freely from the first post. You download the .pak file and put it in <fantasy grounds data dir>\ruleset and the XML files are prepared example for character and one blank template to import for each player. I am still working on proper character sheet where you have dedicated fields and reporting in the console, but it is WiP and still unpolished. Screenshot is attached for hype

The project is in GitLab, I can grant access to anyone that is interested to help or they can get the files from the .pak archive and give me the updated content to re-upload.

Hey how can I help - this looks awesome! I can test etc for you. I'm not that familar with LUA but I am with other scripting languages and can help hack stuff.

Thread Information