STAR TREK 2d20

Just wondering if I can run 2 Fx effects separately on the map?

I don't see a way but maybe I missed it.

Example: Can I have a battle map with snow and then have a lake or ocean side with the water effect?

Only one allowed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've been able to have two FX layers on the same battlemap.
    Here's an example of how I went about it:
    First, I brought my battlemap into photoshop and separated the water from the rest of the map and put the "ocean" FX layer on top of the water layer
    water layer and fx.png
    Then I added the land layer on top of the previous two layers
    land layer on top of water+fx.png
    I then added an FX layer on top of the land, which allows me to put rain/snow/etc on top of the entire map, as well as having the animated water.
    two fx layers on one battlemap.png

And here's that same example with some of the less subtle FX to show you what's going on.
    odd fx.png

While I've not done such intricate layering like ajd here above, very creative use of what we have available at the moment by the way.
    I've created some interesting effects. Such as a ship battle, with a background layer of an ocean, with the ocean effect on top, then an image of a ship above that.
    Sometimes I'll stack effects of the same type to intensify the effect. Like for example two rain / snow / blizzard effects layered for a more intense weather condition.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Thread Information