STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Komm Suesser Tod View Post
    Sorry, I thought you meant you got the CRB as a PDF from Paizo, my bad. You get the discount for any PDF you already own.
    Cool cool cool, just making sure I'm not missing something. Shade Raven's comment made me think it applies to hardcovers, but I didn't see any other indication of it.

Follow up question: are campaign backgrounds from player's guides a thing? If so, how do I access them?

If you buy the first book of the AP, the player's guide gets loaded too.

It does apply to hardcovers. When you buy a hardcover book from Paizo, you get the PDF for free. I've only bought the hardcovers. If you sync your accounts correctly, you'll get a PDF value discount for the product. So if it's a $20 PDF, you get that off your cost here at FG Store. You'll see when you sync it correctly, the PZ-numeric-id-code show as having been applied. This let's you know that when you go to checkout, the correct discount will be applied.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

When you're sync right, it will look similar to this:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Oooooh, wait, are you a Paizo subscriber? Because I think that is what gets you the PDFs for free from them. I am not a subscriber and just buy the hardcovers that strike my fancy. So Paizo doesn't give me PDFs, and Fantasy Ground doesn't give me a discount.

Let's clear some miscommunication up here:

1) You only get the PDF discount off the same FG product purchase if you already own the PDF - i.e. you see the PDF in your Paizo downloads page.
    2) If you don't own the PDF, and the PDF isn't on sale on Paizo, then please purchase the whole product from the FG store - you'll get the PDF included in your FG purchase. Doing it this way gives more commission to SmiteWorks and the community dev who did the FG conversion.
    3) Re purchasing the physical product from Paizo: you only get a free PDF with a physical product if you bought that product via subscription. You don't get a PDF with a non-subscription purchase.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ack! Oops. lol. Guess I just did the subscription and I thought it was naturally part of it. My bad!

So, yes, as Trenloe says... the PDF comes with getting the item here.. in fact, if you want a PDF for any product, it makes sense to just get it here in FG as part of buying the product for FG! It's more $ but you get the PDF and you get a wonderful, fully supported product for Fantasy Grounds that'll update as things change over time and kill two bloodseekers with one stone! You might even level up!

Remind me to put a skill point to "Perceiving Agreement Print" if those bloodseekers actually do level me on my next purchase.

Enjoy!

No worries friendo.

Changing gears, I took the plunge and bought a subscription and the PF2 core rules... but I am having trouble figuring out how to actually build a character in it. For example, on this monk I haven't been able to figure out how to add the unarmed strikes, get the item bonus to show up in his skills, or how to equip +2 resilient explorer's clothes. Is there some sort of game specific tutorial I can watch for PF2, or an similarly specific FAQ? I don't want to come bother folks on the message boards every time I have a problem, but a time saving purchase that doesn't save me time is no bueno.

Hey Captain, check DM if you don't mind Hoping I can help out.

Thread Information