DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Thanks bud! ShadeRaven just spent a couple hours walking me through stuff on Discord. It was verrrrrry helpful.

Hi. I'm also a newcomer to FG and PF2. My group went through this exact discussion about three weeks ago. I just started running a game this past weekend for them using the Age of Ashes path. However, we're using Unity instead of Classic but have been debating if that was the correct choice. The biggest problem we've been having is not enough guides to help that definitively apply to PF2 and certainly not any videos. Would this problem be easier solved if we did flip over to Classic or would we have the same problem over there as well since it's a relatively new system.

Quote Originally Posted by rpope View Post
    The biggest problem we've been having is not enough guides to help that definitively apply to PF2 and certainly not any videos.
    See the Pathfinder Second Edition playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/user/smiteworksprez/playlists The playtest videos towards the end of the list are still very relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by rpope View Post
    Would this problem be easier solved if we did flip over to Classic or would we have the same problem over there as well since it's a relatively new system.
    The videos listed above will 95% apply to Classic or Unity. The main difference between FG Unity and FG Classic, in terms of functionality, is the mapping functionality. Classic works very well - has masking, tokens, targeting, etc. but it doesn't have line of sight, layers, tiling, etc. available in Unity. For many this won't be an issue - especially if you're running an adventure already converted to FG with all the maps, etc..

But, Unity is in beta test, and still has some issues. If you just want to play without issues, then go with FG classic. You won't be wasting your time getting to know FG Classic and then if you want to switch to Unity at some point in the future.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 17th, 2020 at 08:21.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've picked up my FGU Ultimate license and debating using the rule set available online and doing everything manually in FG vs shelling out another $60 to be able to populate the PF2 Core rules in FG. My business is shut down so I have more time than money. Is the Core Rule set really that life changing?

Quote Originally Posted by steveonzakon View Post
    Is the Core Rule set really that life changing?
    You’d have to enter a lot of data if you don’t have it.

As you have a license already, load up a PFRPG2 campaign and see what you’d have to enter to start to use the system to actually play. There’s some community produced modules available to help you get going: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...munity-modules

Then consider buying the core rules DLC. There’s a 30 days no questions asked refund policy. I don’t think you’d want to go back to not using the core rules after you’ve used them, but only you can make that determination.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Watched the videos. Convinced and purchased, lol.

Thread Information