DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: SW Attack

SW Attack

This may be something only I've been dealing with but when I have a character roll a shooting attack without targeting (because he was doing automatic fire and wanted to target separate targets with each attack) and then I have them drag the result onto the target into the combat tracker it either gives me an error message (very rarely) or the ranged shooting attack targets their parry instead of a target number 4. Is that specific to my game for some weird reason or has anyone else come across this little bug?

Code:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_character.lua"]:567: attempt to compare number with nil
    That's the error message that will occasionally pop up when I drag an untargeted attack from chat onto a target in the combat tracker. But this happens very rarely and it's the Parry defense that is happening the rest of the time.

If you aren't targeting (and assuming range penalties are being applied manually), you don't need to drag/drop the results of the attack rolls onto the CT. Any 4 or better is a hit. Just roll damage and drop those results on appropriate targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeval View Post
    This may be something only I've been dealing with but when I have a character roll a shooting attack without targeting (because he was doing automatic fire and wanted to target separate targets with each attack) and then I have them drag the result onto the target into the combat tracker it either gives me an error message (very rarely) or the ranged shooting attack targets their parry instead of a target number 4. Is that specific to my game for some weird reason or has anyone else come across this little bug?

Code:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_character.lua"]:567: attempt to compare number with nil
    That's the error message that will occasionally pop up when I drag an untargeted attack from chat onto a target in the combat tracker. But this happens very rarely and it's the Parry defense that is happening the rest of the time.
    Are you using some extensions? The error from that line of code can happen if some extension has overwritten Size information but is lacking some information. Are those issues happening when attacking creature of specific size?
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Are you using some extensions? The error from that line of code can happen if some extension has overwritten Size information but is lacking some information. Are those issues happening when attacking creature of specific size?
    I was running a custom game and when I made my npc's I never really bothered to input a size when they were medium size but after I do that I don't get the error message anymore. But I still have the problem of when I drag a ranged attack from the chat and drop it onto a creature it still targets the creature's parry. Also I've noticed when dragging an untargeted attack from chat it doesn't account for the target's size.

screenshot0001.png

The top 2 attacks were from a medium PC dragged onto a Huge enemy onto the combat tracker and the bottom two were when targeting directly. This is with no extensions loaded, I created a new game with just the core book loaded and built a test pc and grabbed a dragon from the book and I got the same results. It's easy to work around but I wanted to bring it to people's attention now that I've been isolating what circumstances bring up the discrepancies. My players are morons sometimes and forget to target, or have automatic weapons and want to assign attacks after they roll all the shooting rolls for the action but don't want to do the math of who's got dodge and/or cover bonuses on each target

Dragging attacks and damages from chat to CT has limitations and it's known issue. There are no plans to fix it in FGC because limitations in engine functionality. I hope FGU will improve engine functionality so that drag from chat could be have full support
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information