DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Steam to Fantasy Grounds

I am having troubles updating steam... I want to switch to straight up Fantasy Grounds. I purchased the Standard edition on steam and several other products on Steam.
    Can anyone tell me, do I have to repurchase for Fantasy Grounds? I tried using my CD Key from Steam, but got an error.

I guess my question is... Can I switch my stuff from Steam to FG and if so, how?

Do confirm that you're "switching" to Fantasy Grounds Classic, and not Unity ....

Hi Troeji, welcome to FG.

If you bought FG from Steam then effectively you have purchased from Smiteworks. Everything comes from Smiteworks no matter where you buy from. You can run FG from the executable even if it is on Steam.

However I feel that you are trying to run Unity using your FG Classic key and that won't work. Unity is a separate program and is a separate purchase but you can get a considerable discount if you already own Classic. Unity is not yet available from Steam but in order to get the discount to upgrade you'll need to wait for it to come onto Steam, which hopefully won't take too much longer.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I got it. I had previously downloaded unity and when I tried to do classic it was trying to use unity. I deleted all and re-downloaded classic and working now.

Although I still cannot join the Interface Zero my friend is hosting. He has Ultimate edition and I have standard. It gets stuck downloading and will not complete.
    I can load into our D&D, but not the other... Any suggestions?

We just tried another Savage Worlds and I cannot load into that one either. Trying to figure this out.
    Last edited by Troeji; April 9th, 2020 at 19:55.

Blog Entries
    Are you waiting for his content to download? You are going to at least have to wait for the download of the ruleset to occur in the background. Also, see if he has any images shared or lots of tokens in his shared folder etc.

Also check if anyone has any flood protection or their ISP is offering "Advanced Security" such as provided by Comcast Xfinity and Cox

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you all for your help... We finally figured it out. The background theme for Interface Zero did not want to load. He changed the theme and all games are loading just fine.

Again thanks for all your inputs.

Thread Information