STAR TREK 2d20

Damage Types and Immunities in C&C

Hello,

I've been making my own FG module to convert Barrowmaze to the C&C ruleset for my players and have come across an 'issue' so I was wondering if anyone could help shed some light on what I can do.

Basically, using fire damage type as the example, I've noticed that monsters have immunities setup but none/most? (that I've found anyway) have damage types applied where applicable. Fire Mephit's Elemental Attack is a perfect example - have it attack a Fire Elemental and it'll do damage. Since this is something done BTB/RAW I did some analysis and based what I found and on the documentation from the wiki for CnCEffects this is possible by the FG C&C ruleset. (I've did a proof of concept with the fire monsters mentioned)

FYI ... This is also an issue with some weapons for characters as well from what I've found.

Anyway I know that C&C isn't as fully fledged out as 5e I'm cool with that, but I would love to have this built in and in order to not reinvent the wheel, I'm wondering if anyone has already created their own packet/mod to add/correct all these damage types? I've tried looking on the forms and don't see one but I'd figure I'd ask because if so and someone is willing to share that'd be great as this will take some in order to create something to parse through the xml and fix it esp. since there's so many monsters and permutations and so on.

Alternatively if anyone knows of an existing tool that could potentially help with this that'd be great.

Thanks,
    --
    Save points are for quitters.

Blog Entries
    None of this currently exists in the ruleset, although it would be nice to have it added. You absolutely are not the first person to want it.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Now I wait for someone to pop in and say the ruleset doesn’t need more automation and that adding it in will make some CKs not be able to use the ruleset, etc.

Blog Entries
    I would say to use the Bug Reporting/Tracker site that @Andraax made but it appears to be offline. So I'll just suggest adding it to the thread for that maybe? Bunch of stuff like this would be fantastic additions and make C&C a more appealing ruleset to attract more GMs and players who would otherwise go scrambling to 2E or DCC.

JohnD - Thanks for the response. I actually realized that it indeed doesn't work after your comment and looking at it again. I think I thought it was working because of my attempts to follow the syntax and it stated 'fire' as part of the name which confused me. Looked at the CnCEffects wiki again and noticed that the under 'examples' at the bottom of the doc for resist states under notes "Currently the ruleset does not account for damage types!" so there goes my theory. Wish it listed that above

Too bad - I guess for now I'll just have to be cognizant of damage types when they happen to retroactively fix done damage then.

Talyn - Thanks, I was thinking about doing that however based on my findings I think it's more a feature request vs a bug. So I'm going to leave this one for now.

scottgeg - Ha, yeah for sure: 'Back in my day! *mumble* *mumble* pencil *mumble* eraser *mumble*'
    --
    Save points are for quitters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I would say to use the Bug Reporting/Tracker site that @Andraax made but it appears to be offline. So I'll just suggest adding it to the thread for that maybe? Bunch of stuff like this would be fantastic additions and make C&C a more appealing ruleset to attract more GMs and players who would otherwise go scrambling to 2E or DCC.
    Damage types is one of the things I added to the tracking website when it was online, so the issue has been raised.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

now waiting for "but C&C doesn't use damage types"

Blog Entries
    elfmage - you might want to raise this feature request over on the TLG Discord server - I know the guys have general thoughts/plans for some enhancements to things, so it wouldn't hurt to raise it (it would make a change from me being the one to harp on it for one thing).

- John Diefenbaker

Thread Information