STAR TREK 2d20

FG License Questions

Trying to understand Std/Ultimate licensing. I thought I saw a post with all the combinations on the forum, but cannot find it.

Our group is looking to purchase all the licenses we need.

We have 4 players and one DM. Everyone has (will have) a Std license, I have an Ultimate license. I am NOT the DM, she will have a Std license.

I have already purchased the DLC.

Can I "share" the DLC that I've purchased, even though I am not the DM? Or will our DM and/or group need to purchase the DLC under her FG Website account?

Probably going to be FGU, but we might start the game on FGC.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JSF View Post

Can I "share" the DLC that I've purchased, even though I am not the DM? Or will our DM and/or group need to purchase the DLC under her FG Website account?

Probably going to be FGU, but we might start the game on FGC.

Thanks!

No, you won't be able to share out your materials unless you are the host/DM for that game. So the DM would need to purchase the materials you are trying to run. If you rotate DM duties, then yes, your group may have to purchase additional materials.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    A GM/Host with a standard license needs all players to either have a standard or ultimate license.

Players can not share their content with other players or the GM. But, GMs can chose if a player can access the player's content in the GM's campaign. GM's can share content with all players while those players are connected to their campaign.
    So yes, she will need to have the content/DLC that the group all wants to share.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Good Day JSF
    Only the DM can share their downloaded content, so in your case, whoever is going to be the DM will need to purchase or have gifted any desired download content.
    The Ultimate license only makes it so the DM can have Demo players connect. If the DM gets the Ultimate license the other players can use the Demo (Free) version and can help purchase more download content for them.

Thanks all. That was what I expected, but just wanted to clarify.
    Last edited by JSF; April 9th, 2020 at 18:02. Reason: sp

Blog Entries
    Partial workaround... you start a character creation session and all players connect to you. You share all your content, everyone creates their PCs. You export all the PCs and send them to the person who is DMing.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information