DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

runs once after install

I can get FG to run once after install, then nothing happens when I start it again. full uninstall app folder, and Data folder, reinstall again, same things, runs after initial install, close and try to run again nothing. Note. I do show it in Task Manager running, but I figure after 2 hours, nothing has started it will not start.

Blog Entries
    Welcome. Sorry you are having problems.

Please provide more information such as;
    FGC or FGU?
    Operating System?
    Rebooted your computer?
    Have you checked your security software? Sounds like it is preventing FG from running.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

FGC is what I am running
    OS is Windows 10 ver 1909, rebooted several times, does not do anything
    the only security software I am running is Windows Defender.

Runs fine on 3 other computers with the same specs and OS.

Blog Entries
    Since you have other PCs of the same build to check on, I would look at graphic card drivers and settings. Not sure why this would do this. But I've seen such be the cause of programs not displaying on start like this before. Also if anyone has done any overclocking on this system I've seen that cause this issue with other programs.

Hopefully someone else comes along soon with experience solving this with FG and can give you a more confident solution/path to resolution.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

the video card in this box is a Asus GeForce 1060, with the latest driver from Nvidia, the other computers are running an Asus GeForce 1080 with the same driver. No overclocking at all.

Aside from FG, all other programs run just fine, even other high resource pulling games.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for checking. I'm at a loss. Hopefully someone else can come buy shortly with better advice than me.

I would have the same suggestions as LordEntrails. My first guess would be security software quarantine, and then video drivers after that.

Just to make sure, are you talking about FG Classic (Steam and Live version) or FG Unity (Early Release version)? Not that it really changes the situation, but they do use different technology stacks. (DX9 vs. Unity)

Regards,
    JPG

I just find it odd, that I can run the game after a full uninstall and re-install, but as soon as I close it, I cant reopen it. I have to full uninstall and re-install again.

I agree; just don't know why your machine is acting that way. Can you open the directory where FG is installed and run it?

Also, on a related note; it might be related to installing as admin vs. current user; if your user account doesn't have admin access. It might be installing to admin user file directories and registries. This would mean that the elevated admin process would run the correct version; but not your regular user. Checking the directory where it is installed may help determine that.

Regards,
    JPG

Update, I still have an issue on that one computer. I have since reloaded the OS windows 10 running build 2004, just installed Fantasy Grounds Classic and ran it. it worked as expected. Closed the program, went to reopen it, nothing. Just hangs as a running task, nothing on the screen. Killed the task, deleted the folder, reinstalled, it ran. So then tried that a few more times. every time I have to uninstall and reinstall. So I guess it just does not like this computer.

Thread Information