DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Lost Mine of Phandelver free?

When I follow the link from https://dnd.wizards.com/remote/freematerial to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...?id=WOTC5ELMOP, the adventure is still $14.99. I read the post in City Hall that said it was supposed to be free until May 7th. I just figured I should pop in here and point out there is still a price on it. How do I use it until May 7th without buying it in the meantime?

Thank you,
    Last edited by Hempiestad; April 9th, 2020 at 06:06.

Nevermind, I see now that it preloads when you launch FG. With the link from both the forums and the article going to the store I was confused.

How do I access it? When I log as GM its doesn't appear in my modules library. Unity user (noob).
    R

Hi RMod, welcome to FG.

Select 5e as the ruleset when you start a new campaign. Click library then modules and find it on the list that pops up. Click load and it will appear in the library window. Click it to reveal the contents. Then watch video 5 in this series https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...112#post492112
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My module no longer shows in Unity. There were three modules (adventures: Lost Mines of Phandelver, Forge of FUry, The Dragon of Icespire Peak) that I had access to, now they are gone from my library module that you can load. They do not show.

Quote Originally Posted by Roofy69 View Post
    My module no longer shows in Unity. There were three modules (adventures: Lost Mines of Phandelver, Forge of FUry, The Dragon of Icespire Peak) that I had access to, now they are gone from my library module that you can load. They do not show.
    As mentioned in another thread you posted in, and in the first post in this thread, these were free for a short period of time. After that time, which has now expired, you need to purchase them. Have you purchased the products?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I thought it was part of my library for buying Unity as early access. If I knew there was a time limit, I would have bought something else like Curse of Strahd. But, i figured I already spent $300 on unity and the essentials kit that I would wait and start playing with a free module. Now all the work I did for that module is wasted...unless I buy it. Which in my opinion (little as it is) is kind of crappy. They should not even put these temporary things out there, as I believe it is going to take longer to play it (in my world) as most people work and schedules always conflict than six weeks. Sorry for the rant, it just bothers me as I put a lot of work in it and don't have the funds to spend on fantasy grounds and all of its extras, and I feel like I just got held over a barrel to buy a module I probably would have bought in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Roofy69 View Post
    If I knew there was a time limit...
    Get it currently for $8.99 in the sale - which ends on Wednesday.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I just did, its not a terrible module, its just not one I would have picked right away. I just needed to vent.

With all due respect--it should be made clear when allowing a free module such as this that they will no longer be available to play on once the free period ends. While I'm not crying over $9 -- since I have players in the midst of a campaign and therefore have no choice -- I would have purchased it from the start. I had also started introducing aspects of Dragon's of Icespire Peak--thankfully I did not go too far into this as I'm not going to buy the full module just to flavor the area with a few extra side quest options. I'm only happy I checked this morning since I have players logging in later this afternoon to play and would have been caught with my pants down.
    Last edited by garetjax8; June 21st, 2020 at 17:25.

Thread Information