STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    There's plenty of ways for you to experience the software for absolutely zero cost to yourself.

If loading up the free demo client by yourself isn't enough for you, I would suggest you get the demo client for FGC or FGU and then head on over to Fantasy Grounds College. They have a website and a Discord. There you can find experienced folks who can answer your questions, and you can join classes or join a hosted game just to see how everything works.

There's also a lot of folks gm'ing one shots right now. Download the demo and play in one maybe two. Even if your interest is gm'ing, playing a couple of sessions will tech you the software as easy as anything. Most people gm'ing one-shots these days are doing it to teach the software to the deluge of new comers so will probably be fine with answering questions, if not in the game session than in e-mail or afterwards. I'll go out on a limb and say most of the gm's in this community are very helpful and patient with rookies. It's how we grow the community and more gm's are always a good thing!

Then if you want to try gm'ing you can always just subscribe for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiltedbear View Post
    Good lord, what makes you think that I want something for free?! I can see now that it's not the way the software is sold that is the crux of what bothers me about the way FG is sold. Although your response on the surface is factual and may be the reality of the way it is approached by the company, your insinuating that I want something for nothing is poor in tone and now things are quite clearer to me. This reply disappointments me, not in content but tone. Poor choice of words, sir.
    I dunno, I think that you should re-read your first post, especially the third paragraph. You basically say that you don't want to pay for it without getting it for free first.

What you are looking for is a trial access not an open beta.

My opinion based on your post is that you should wait until it is in release form or it seems like you will be sorely disappointed. I cannot say for certain but it seems likely that there will be a demo available at that point which will allow you to check out the DM features at no cost to you and the existing bugs should be mostly squashed.
    Last edited by esmdev; April 9th, 2020 at 05:06. Reason: Spelling

Thread Information