5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Pins on a map

Pins on a map

Anyone aware of any (preferably free) online software that functions similarly to placing pins (connected to text entries) on a map in FG?

Previously: MurghBpurn

Blog Entries
    Campaign Cartographer (not free) is a mapping program that has a pin/linking feature on it. It is designed to link between maps, like regional to town or between building stories, but can be linked to text files etc.

some mind mapping programs have a similar function, but those are embedded and not what I would look at for RPG maps.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks LordEntrails.

I've also found World Anvil, that does pretty much what I want. The free version is quite limited though.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousFiligree View Post
    Thanks LordEntrails.

I've also found World Anvil, that does pretty much what I want. The free version is quite limited though.
    What exactly are you trying to achieve? Because you can share pins to make them available to players and link pins not just to stories but also images including other maps. I'm curious what you're looking to do that a pin doesn't do, because then we might be able to help with more relevant ideas.

Off the top of my head, in HTML you can use a bitmap image to define multiple links based on which pixels you're pointing at. It is very old tech, no one uses it today, but it works. You could make a WordPress or blogger page and put up the image. Just spit-balling.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    What exactly are you trying to achieve?
    I want to do what can be done in FG, outside of FG, ideally using a simple drag and drop interface.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousFiligree View Post
    I want to do what can be done in FG, outside of FG, ideally using a simple drag and drop interface.
    Ah, then I think worldanvil does it the best that I'm aware of.

Outside of the older thing I mentioned. It needs a little bit of HTML, it is definitely not drag and drop, but you have full control and can host it anywhere because it is just an image and it is really not hard. Here's a couple links so you can check out what I'm talking about:
    https://onextrapixel.com/how-to-crea...ith-image-map/
    https://www.evanstips.com/internet/o...-on-one-image/
    And a very good video: https://youtu.be/HV-7JqQh5Bo

Accidental double post deleted.

Thread Information