5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Line of sight not working

I just purchased Lost Mine of Phandelver and I can't get LOS to work. From what info I've been able to find I needed to open the map, unlock it, select Play mode and select the eye to turn on LOS. When I do this the GM map dims and when I share the map it shows as black like it should. As soon as I add a token to the map the player's map clears like the player can see everything. It's like there are no walls or anything to block the view.

I am sorry you are running into issues. Please check over the wiki and see if this helps.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ht+Style+Guide
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I am sorry you are running into issues. Please check over the wiki and see if this helps.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ht+Style+Guide
    That would be useful if I was setting up a map. The Lost Mine is supposed to have that all set up already, correct?.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveArtis View Post
    I just purchased Lost Mine of Phandelver and I can't get LOS to work. From what info I've been able to find I needed to open the map, unlock it, select Play mode and select the eye to turn on LOS. When I do this the GM map dims and when I share the map it shows as black like it should. As soon as I add a token to the map the player's map clears like the player can see everything. It's like there are no walls or anything to block the view.
    Are you only seeing this from the GM screen? The player view and GM view are different.

Also make sure that you are doing this on the players maps. The DM maps have no LoS information on them.

And also make sure that you have placed a token on the map via the combat tracker.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Are you only seeing this from the GM screen? The player view and GM view are different.
    I'm running a GM view and a second instance connected via localhost for the player view.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Also make sure that you are doing this on the players maps. The DM maps have no LoS information on them.

And also make sure that you have placed a token on the map via the combat tracker.
    I was placing the token via the combat tracker, but it seems I was using the DM map, although I could have sworn that I tried it with both player and DM maps. Anyway, it works if I use the player map.

Thanks guys it looks like it was just user error.

Thread Information