FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    Just as a test, if you click on the "Advantage" button before attacking with the multiclass rogue, does it trigger the sneak attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Zeno View Post
    Just as a test, if you click on the "Advantage" button before attacking with the multiclass rogue, does it trigger the sneak attack?
    This not work at all

the two prints explain:
    Galahad: Warlock / Rogue (don't work)
    Thaedras: Rogue (work fine!)

Combat Tracker (with the effect "on turn").

tks guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't see from your screenshots what weapons are they using.
    Remember that the Sneak Attack happens only if the character is using a Finesse or Ranged weapon

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now both are using rapiers.
    Are you using any other extensions? I have just created in a test campaign a 2nd level Rogue and a 1 Rogue/1 Warlock, and the Sneak Attack feature works for both, so there must be some difference in my campaign setup and yours.
    Last edited by Lo Zeno; August 9th, 2021 at 16:26.

Ah, I think I know what COULD be the cause:

FGU handles Finesse weapons by using, automatically, whatever stats is higher between DEX and STR for your attacks (and damages) with that weapon; if Galahad has a higher STR than DEX, or if STR and DEX are of equal value, FGU will use STR for the attack, but the Automatic Sneak Attack extension will not trigger since it needs the weapon to be used with DEX in order to work.
    The way you can make it work is to click the magnifying lens near your Rapier in the Actions tab, and under that "Attack" title change "Base" into "Dex".

Ah, I think I know what COULD be the cause:

FGU handles Finesse weapons by using, automatically, whatever stats is higher between DEX and STR for your attacks (and damages) with that weapon; if Galahad has a higher STR than DEX, or if STR and DEX are of equal value, FGU will use STR for the attack, but the Automatic Sneak Attack extension will not trigger since it needs the weapon to be used with DEX in order to work.
    The way you can make it work is to click the magnifying lens near your Rapier in the Actions tab, and under that "Attack" title change "Base" into "Dex".
    YEAH MAN!!!! it's work now!!!

The character use CHA becouse he is a hex blade warlock! change the Attack from "CHA" to "DEX" it's work!!!

Tks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by hrscarvalho View Post
    YEAH MAN!!!! it's work now!!!

The character use CHA becouse he is a hex blade warlock! change the Attack from "CHA" to "DEX" it's work!!!

Tks again!!
    This is probably soimething that @kentmccullough should consider a bug, though.
    I know that in previous editions of D&D the attack had to be carried using Dexterity, but in 5e the rules say simply that the attack must use a finesse weapon or a ranged attack. Finesse weapons allow the player to use their choice of Strength or Dexterity, and ranged attacks can be Strength based if, for example, they are a throwing axe, and nothing in the Sneak Attack description says that you have to use a finesse weapon with Dexterity, only that the attack must use a finesse weapon or ranged attack.
    So having to rely on Dex on a Finesse weapon is not following the Rules as Written.

This is probably soimething that @kentmccullough should consider a bug, though.
    I know that in previous editions of D&D the attack had to be carried using Dexterity, but in 5e the rules say simply that the attack must use a finesse weapon or a ranged attack. Finesse weapons allow the player to use their choice of Strength or Dexterity, and ranged attacks can be Strength based if, for example, they are a throwing axe, and nothing in the Sneak Attack description says that you have to use a finesse weapon with Dexterity, only that the attack must use a finesse weapon or ranged attack.
    So having to rely on Dex on a Finesse weapon is not following the Rules as Written.
    It's a known issue he said for like 6 months. No way to know so he can't change it. It's something you have to be aware of and you can over write it by doing weird things.

Thread Information