DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Mac player having trouble connecting to FGU Private Cloud host

MODERATOR: Moved to Playtest forum.

Last night I was hosting a D&D 5e "private" game on the FGU cloud server. I had two players in my group using Macs who were trying to connect but had no success. I had 2 players using Windows who were able to connect without issue. Later one of my Mac players tried connecting to a random "public" game and was able to join. Any other Mac users experience this issue? Are you able to join "public" games but not "private" games?
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; April 8th, 2020 at 01:11.

In order to join a Private Cloud game, the players must connect to your FG user name (i.e. "Sgt.Rock008") in the Join By GM Name box.

If they are getting errors or stalls, please provide the console.log and network.log files from both GM and player side. You can bring up the console by pressing button in upper left corner (in launch screen); or by typing /console (in tabletop mode). There are big buttons to Copy This Log and Copy Network Log from there. Also, the logs are stored in the FGU data directory. Please note, these logs are reset when restarting FGU.

Also, make sure everyone is running 2020-04-04 version.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks JPG.

We were all running 2020-04-04 and my players were using my user name in the Join by GM Name box. The Mac users were getting stalls on the attempting to connect page but the windows players were able to connect. It's too late to get the logs now but I'll try to get them if it happens again.

Cheers,

Thread Information