DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Cant get Steam to recognise Fantasy Grounds license bought from Fantasy Grounds

Hi there

Hoping you can help.

I have purchased Fantasy Grounds Unity with an Ultimate license purchased directly with Fantasy Grounds. Now I want to buy the Players Handbook via Steam (there's a deal on at the moment , but when I try to purchase the DLC, it comes up with an error message "Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'Fantasy Grounds - D&D Player's Handbook' which requires ownership of 'Fantasy Grounds'. Please correct the error and try again."

I believe I have linked my Steam account, and have tried to "activate" on Steam using the License Key, but to no avail.

What stoopid thing am I doing or failing to do, please?

Thanks
    Falin

Blog Entries
    Steam sales are mimiced on the FG Store. So you should have the same sale there, both have it for $23.99.

Licenses are only sync'd to Steam every 4-8 weeks. I don't know when they are next planned to be sync'd.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Oh, and only buy your DLC from one site so you can benefit from bundle deals in the future.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Oh, and only buy your DLC from one site so you can benefit from bundle deals in the future.
    Thanks for the fast reply. And I get what you are saying, except that in New Zealand, Steam has currently got the PHB for NZD$28.79 (normally NZD$35.99). Current USD conversion is USD$23.99 = NZD$40.16 (and USD$29.99 = NZD$50.20). I know it's only a few dollars, but there's kinda the principle of the thing, especially if the sales should be mimic'ed. Screen shot attached to clarify.

Anything that can be done at your end, or just one of those, weird how stuff works across international boundaries kinda things?

Annotation 2020-04-08 112904.png

Blog Entries
    I'm only a user. You would have to reach out to [email protected].

The price different is one of two thing, either the PayPal conversion rate, or that Steam does "Regional Pricing" for some countries. i.e. they reduce the price based upon some sort of economic standard such as cost of living or average income or something.

oops, thanks... will reach out to Support

Unity is not on Steam yet, so there's no Fantasy Grounds Unity application to sync your license to. You’ll have to wait until it’s on Steam (and licenses aren’t synced) or purchase from the FG store.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I had the same issue. Even though I have both FG Classic and FG Unity. It clearly states the accounts are synced, that means when you purchase from one or the other they should appear in the update. I purchased a 5e D&D adventure from STEAM because it was on sale $10.00 cheaper (19.99) on the FG web store it was still $29.99. I started up FG Unity did the update and it did not appear. I then checked the FG web store history, it did not appear. I had to go back start up FG Classic install it under FG Classic close the program then start up FG Unity do the update and there it was. It then also appeared in the order history of the FG web store.

Purchasing through STEAM has its issues as the products you buy are not truly synced to your account. You should not need 2 programs that do the same thing to sync your purchases.

For me, saving $10.00 is a big deal as I own over 2,000+ RPG hard back books for D&D. I am dolling out another 300+ to buy the same products in electronic form. Note, the electronic form of the books are not 100% when compared to the hard back books.

Instructions in setting up your Steam account to FG account sync here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+Applications

After you purchase anything on Steam is good practice to refresh your purchases (Step 3).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Any sale prices (not regional pricing) on Steam should be reflected in the FG Store. If their is a difference it is an error and an email to [email protected] will get it resolved.

Thread Information