DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 79 of 96 First ... 2969777879808189 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    Is there a way to use a light effect on a map or is there a mechanism to turn lights on or off during play (i.e. players light a fireplace, etc)? I have lights placed on the map already but, in an OFF state.
    Yes. Just unlock the map, go to the light tab select the light and turn it on.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus,
    I tried that being the first obvious option but, it didn't seem to change anything on the map (no lights). The light layer is turned on and the lights that were placed previously (during creation) are lit. But not the lights that are done "on the fly". Is there something I'm missing?

Update; Did a restart on Windoze and everything started working as it should.
    Thanks again
    Last edited by Weepdrag; November 8th, 2022 at 00:28.
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

New video added showing you how to use the new dice control panel. Link in the first post.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is there any chance these videos could be uploaded on a rival platform like Rumble or similar? There must be a couple of hours of video on there and YouTube is now showing me something like three unskippable ads every ten minutes. I don't want to sit through a hundred ads to learn how to use this. :_(

Unfortunately I have no control over YouTube's ads. My site is not monetised but apparently YouTube can put ads on whether that is the case or not.

You could use something like AdBlocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Unfortunately I have no control over YouTube's ads. My site is not monetised but apparently YouTube can put ads on whether that is the case or not.

You could use something like AdBlocker.
    Oh, I know the ads are not your fault. But you could put them on a service like Rumble which does have ads but they are WAY less. Pretty sure Rumble is still free to use. Just a suggestion though. For me, YouTube has been getting worse and worse over the years. Unfortunately it's the de facto monopoly.

how do I join a game with a demo account? I am trying to DM for the first time and I want to test a few things out before my players join. I created a demo account to join my main unity account so I can see what my players will see...when I tried to join and got the following warning: Authorization Failed: Licence key conflict? what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    You wouldn't create a new account. You would start a second instance of your licensed copy and connect using that one: Connecting to your own table| Fantasy Grounds Unity
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by wjflynn3 View Post
    how do I join a game with a demo account? I am trying to DM for the first time and I want to test a few things out before my players join. I created a demo account to join my main unity account so I can see what my players will see...when I tried to join and got the following warning: Authorization Failed: Licence key conflict? what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    If the video is too long, start up FGU as a cloud public campaign. Once the campaign is open right click on the FG icon on the windows task bar and select fantasy grounds. This starts the second instance. Click on join and type in your username in the GM name connection box and press start.

How do I change pointer colors in the current version of FGU? It used to be that the dice colors also changed the pointer, but with the new fancy dice, the color picker only seems to be tied to the dice and I can't find another option to change pointers.

Thanks!

Thread Information