Starfinder Playlist
Page 69 of 96 First ... 1959676869707179 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Debating UI/UX is not the purpose of this thread. Let us please take those discussions elsewhere and keep the as the intended purpose to answer "How do I ? questions. (Note, I recognize I'm guilty of this myself, so let's take the discussion elsewhere.)
    Last edited by LordEntrails; March 4th, 2022 at 18:51.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Any guides (or maybe better, tips from users) around using stamps to mark up a map?
    I've found the way to choose an image for the stamp and get it placed, so more around:
    - how to make a collection of stamps (do you need to choose the image each time, or could you make a collection somehow)?
    - how to quickly delete a stamp (I've clunked around in the UI but seems to take a lot of clicks, so wondering if I missed something)

And I suppose to back it up another step: I've been looking at stamps as an attempt to avoid spell tokens (I have the great extension that permits it, but the token stacking can be add headaches while trying to move quickly around an encounter). That said - if looking for the simplest solution for a GM, any recommended ways to quickly mark maps with ongoing effects but without complicating token movement for DM or players? Lots of spells example but to throw out something practical maybe the PCs build a bonfire in a specific square/hex. How do you mark that bonfire quickly/easily with a decent graphic (not considering quick hand-drawn lines or the like)?

See video fourteen in the first post - that should answer most of your questions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm not even through the entire video yet and it's awesome - double-thanks Mr. Z.

Q: using an image seems to be simpler (i.e. no accidentally double/triple stamping a token and then having to go back and delete).

Is there any benefit to using the image vs. token option? Seem like the former is just easier - so does it just come down to the assets and how you've set them up in folders or is there something feature of the token/stamp option that makes it a viable contender?
    Last edited by BronzeDodger; March 7th, 2022 at 18:45.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BronzeDodger View Post
    I'm not even through the entire video yet and it's awesome - double-thanks Mr. Z.

Q: using an image seems to be simpler (i.e. no accidentally double/triple stamping a token and then having to go back and delete).

Is there any benefit to using the image vs. token option? Seem like the former is just easier - so does it just come down to the assets and how you've set them up in folders or is there something feature of the token/stamp option that makes it a viable contender?
    Yes, images are not used when calculating LOS. With lots of tokens, you can run into performance problems if using LOS/Lightning. Images also get put on independent layers, so you can control visibility of them as well as change their display order.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quick note RE: Stamping Tokens.

I believe that stamping tokens makes them into images, so LoS is not a factor. I've seen others say this as a way to reduce LoS for Tokens (i.e. turn them into stamps instead). It's only when putting tokens directly in the image that is the problem. I think some folks were putting various furniture tokens on the maps and creating performance issues, and the suggestion was to Stamp them instead.

Is there a way of making a token on the map invisible (casting invisibility for instance), but leaving the NPC or PC visible in the CT?

Right click on the token and go to Visibility > Set Always Invisible
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The sound of my dice rolls has stopped. I have tried the /dicevolume trigger in the chat, and it says the volume is set as 100, but I still cannot hear anything. Is there another sound "option" I have maybe accidently turned off, or is this due to the new version. I am running 5E. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoranDob View Post
    The sound of my dice rolls has stopped. I have tried the /dicevolume trigger in the chat, and it says the volume is set as 100, but I still cannot hear anything. Is there another sound "option" I have maybe accidently turned off, or is this due to the new version. I am running 5E. Thanks.
    Working ok for me. I was able to turn off (volume 0) and back on (volume 100) with no issues.

There are no other volume controls that I am aware of. Do other sounds work outside of FG?

Any extensions loaded?

Thread Information