5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 41 of 96 First ... 3139404142435191 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Rock008 View Post
    How does one get the beta version to try it and help with testing?
    Please read this post and understand the limitations and risks of using the Test channel.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...a-Release-v4-1
    Last edited by LordEntrails; March 12th, 2021 at 19:58.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello,

I tried searching for this and couldn't find anything on it.

I am currently running 5e Curse of Strahd. There are vampires in the module who should not heal and also take damage if they are in sunlight. What effect can i add to monsters with sunlight sensitivity to activate their abilities. I tried just typing in "Sunlight" as a line item in the effects but it did not work. I also have a drow in the same campaign who should also be affected while in the sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by legoboy177 View Post
    Hello,

I tried searching for this and couldn't find anything on it.

I am currently running 5e Curse of Strahd. There are vampires in the module who should not heal and also take damage if they are in sunlight. What effect can i add to monsters with sunlight sensitivity to activate their abilities. I tried just typing in "Sunlight" as a line item in the effects but it did not work. I also have a drow in the same campaign who should also be affected while in the sunlight.
    There's no such effect so you'd need to handle that manually (assuming that you'd ever need to since Vampires are pretty clever and avoid the sun). For the Drow click on the DIS button before making any attack rolls. If the Drow is a PC then add an effect of DISATK in the actions tab and apply it when in sunlight..
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Playing in a 5e campaign, our druid used Conjure Animal to summon a bunch of wolves. No problem adding them to the map as well as the combat tracker, but I could not figure out how to give the druid control over the wolves (or other creatures) he summons. I just did it for him and it was no big deal, but I feel like I am missing something obvious.

Zacchaeus has a video for that (it's not specific to Unity I think, which is probably why it is not linked in the first post). Video here.

Quote Originally Posted by TungstenShark View Post
    Playing in a 5e campaign, our druid used Conjure Animal to summon a bunch of wolves. No problem adding them to the map as well as the combat tracker, but I could not figure out how to give the druid control over the wolves (or other creatures) he summons. I just did it for him and it was no big deal, but I feel like I am missing something obvious.
    In Unity you'll also need to turn on Party Vision and Movement (in options) in order to allow the Druid to control the NPCs (as well as the steps in the video Sulimo linked).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hiho,
    I have found a way to give players individual fog of war, but also give them a shared memory of the previously explored map.

I enable Party Vision, remove all characters and minions from party vision and create a metaPC called "PV" that is the only one included in Party Vision.

When the players are exploring they move the PV character in order to explore. Once they encounter something, the PV character is moved back out of the way (since they can all see in real-time through its eyes) and the PCs are moved into place for the encounter.

The PC's cannot see through each others eyes (except for individual minions that have been dragged from the CT to a Player Portrait which creates a real-time vision link that allows that Player to also see through that minions eyes in real-time just like a familiar). Thus they all have proper fog-of-war, but they share a common memory from the PV character of previously visited map areas.

It would be helpful if I could better control what is now in FGU the automatic insertion of all friendlies into Party Vision. Each time I restart a session I have to remember to remove all friendlies from Party Vision. Each time I add a new friendly character to the CT I must remember to remove them from Party Vision.

I would much prefer a setting in which nobody is automatically added to Party Vision and I only have to start the session by adding the PV character to Party Vision for the players to see their joint memory of previously explored areas and for players to have proper fog-of-war.

Would that be possible please?

Thanks
    Web

Blog Entries
    Have you tried if you have party vision option off, you can just add the PV token to Party Vision via right mouse each time you add it to a map. Therefore you only have to deal with one token, not all the others.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

How do I switch a map layer between invisible and "Visible to GM only" without cycling through "Visible to all"? This would allow GMs to use a label/legends layer that he does not want his player to see when he switches it on/off. Is there a keyboard shortcut or anything allowing that?

No, cycling is the only method right now.

JPG

Thread Information