DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 36 of 96 First ... 2634353637384686 ... Last
    You can Unlock Tokens from the right-click context menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    I've run into a problem in the last couple sessions where I am now forced to confirm my players moves on the map where as this was not a problem previously. Is there a way to disable this so my players can move about freely without me having to confirm every step they take?
    That's a map setting, you'll want to turn Token Lock off:

Screenshot 2021-01-29 111424.png

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    I've run into a problem in the last couple sessions where I am now forced to confirm my players moves on the map where as this was not a problem previously. Is there a way to disable this so my players can move about freely without me having to confirm every step they take?
    It isn't a problem - it's a feature. Token lock is now on by default. You can toggle it using the token lock toggle (unlock the map and click the token lock toggle next to the LoS toggle). Or as noted above use the right click menu.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; January 29th, 2021 at 20:21.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by adamdane View Post
    Is there a way to remove a token from initiative but not from the map? I have large fights sometimes with lots of minions/mooks and it's tough scrolling through lists of inactive enemies while simultaneously leaving their position on the map for things like area-of-effect healing which might put them back into a fight.
    No, you could make the token invisible on the CT and use the skip hidden tokens option. Mostly when an NPC dies they don't come back so I remove those from the CT at that point. You might want to use dying rules for significant NPCs but for minions and mooks as you call them I'd just remove them when they die.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

that clears things up nicely, thank you kindly, and good gaming to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by adamdane View Post
    Is there a way to remove a token from initiative but not from the map? I have large fights sometimes with lots of minions/mooks and it's tough scrolling through lists of inactive enemies while simultaneously leaving their position on the map for things like area-of-effect healing which might put them back into a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No, you could make the token invisible on the CT and use the skip hidden tokens option. Mostly when an NPC dies they don't come back so I remove those from the CT at that point. You might want to use dying rules for significant NPCs but for minions and mooks as you call them I'd just remove them when they die.
    The only time that this can cause a problem is if you have an invisible enemy and need to keep it in the initiative order. Just having it have the invisible tag doesn't make it disappear from the player's views.

I agree that its possible to just handwave away mooks and minions, but that's not the game I want to play when the mechanics for the games I'm playing make keeping track of these things important.

How do I rotate the FGU module maps and retain the notes/LOS built in? (Specifically talking about Hoard of the Dragon Queen episode 6 castle maps.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Archer View Post
    How do I rotate the FGU module maps and retain the notes/LOS built in? (Specifically talking about Hoard of the Dragon Queen episode 6 castle maps.)
    Unlock the map and then select the Paint tool and use the rotate buttons.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unlock the map and then select the Paint tool and use the rotate buttons.
    Thanks for your quick reply Zacchaeus! However I must be missing something because when I rotate the map that way, the pins do not move with the map. See attached image. Could you tell me step by step how to rotate the map with the DM note pins?

Map rotate.JPG

Thread Information