FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 35 of 96 First ... 2533343536374585 ... Last
    It depends on what type of occluder that your are trying to edit. Some, like terrain, doors and pits need to be closed polygons, so if you delete a point it will automatically join itself together to preserve its closed status. There isn't an automatic way to change from one occluder type to another, so you'd need to delete the first and then re-draw it as the one you want.

If you want to make a gap in a wall (or other occluder type that isn't a closed polygon) then you can draw a square on top of the wall line and then delete the square which will leave two points on the line which you can use to delete a portion of the wall. You can also draw a small wall section bisecting a line and use the same trick to remove a section. See the videos on LoS in the first post for examples of how to edit occluders that have already been drawn.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Too bad about pits having to be closed polygons and always only allowing to look into, not the other way around. Is there a way to get (open polygon) walls/illusions that allow to look through from only one-side, but occlude from the other side?

This way we can occlude cliff that allow to only look down, but not up (think mining pits or steep cliffs), or one-sides mirrors.

No, there's no one way occluder at the moment. The closest would be illusionary walls which block LoS but not movement.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    - How do I change a LOS line from one element (like pit) to another (like wall)?

- How do I remove a LOS point so that the lines break in between points? I managed to do that with one pit (to open the lines on one side), but not with another (lines kept reconnecting, regardless of which delete option I used).
    Cant change one LOS type to another. Maybe in future we can.

For the line break, draw a line across the existing one and then delete the 3 newly created nodes.

Zacchaeus demonstrates it in one of his videos.

I needed the line-break for a pit, which I just learned cannot be broken up. Pits are the closest to one-way see-through lines (can look into, but not out).

How do I temporarily disable the mask without having to delete it entirely? There does not seem to be a dedicated mask layer that can be switched on/off.

There isn't that I am aware of. The mask is either on or off. Once it's on then you can punch holes in it. but if you turn it off then it will all go off and when you turn it back on it will have lost any holes in it.

just clic on the eye to make it invisible or only visible for the DM.

Is there a way to remove a token from initiative but not from the map? I have large fights sometimes with lots of minions/mooks and it's tough scrolling through lists of inactive enemies while simultaneously leaving their position on the map for things like area-of-effect healing which might put them back into a fight.

I've run into a problem in the last couple sessions where I am now forced to confirm my players moves on the map where as this was not a problem previously. Is there a way to disable this so my players can move about freely without me having to confirm every step they take?

Thread Information