DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 32 of 96 First ... 2230313233344282 ... Last
    How do I send an image/story link to a single player only? I tried /whisper, but it does not seem to accept links.

Drag anything and drop it onto the player portrait on the top left of the UI. You can drag/drop a chat frame as well to whisper it by dragging the chat icon from the story entry.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, I thought I tried that, but obviously I did not. It works as expected. Is there a way to ID an NPC only to the one player I share the record with, though?

I also wonder how to use the language dropdown in a whisper to a single player?

I recently got an error popup about cache data when I connected as player to my own GM server. This was with the server being a cloud server, so I could not use localhost to connect. It was a one-off, but I wonder if GMs are supposed to use the cloud connection when they want to connect as PC to their own local server?

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Thanks, I thought I tried that, but obviously I did not. It works as expected. Is there a way to ID an NPC only to the one player I share the record with, though?

I also wonder how to use the language dropdown in a whisper to a single player?
    If you make a copy of the NPC and change the name then if that NPC is unique it will be ID’d only to the player you share it with. Otherwise an NPC is either ID’d to everyone or to no one.
    I’m not sure you can send a whisper in a different language since it needs to pass through the OOB in chat for that to work. You could try selecting the language and the do /W and paste the text into the chat before pressing return. I don’t know if that would work. I’m pretty sure it won’t work if you drag and drop a chat bubble onto a player portrait.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 26th, 2020 at 01:15.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I recently got an error popup about cache data when I connected as player to my own GM server. This was with the server being a cloud server, so I could not use localhost to connect. It was a one-off, but I wonder if GMs are supposed to use the cloud connection when they want to connect as PC to their own local server?
    If you start a LAN game then connect the second instance with localhost. If you start a Cloud game then join using join by DM name with the second instance. (That is use your own username).

I tried the /w using language dropdown part, unfortunately it did not work. While we are at it, I noticed that I have to use the full name for whispering, but mean to have read that the first few letters should suffice?

Copy of NPC it is then for personal ID.

I knew about the LAN game localhost part and I am using the cloud game GM name thing. But seeing the one-off cache error message I wasn't so sure if GMs were supposed to do the cloud connection to themselves.

I tried the /w using language dropdown part, unfortunately it did not work. While we are at it, I noticed that I have to use the full name for whispering, but mean to have read that the first few letters should suffice?

Copy of NPC it is then for personal ID.

I knew about the LAN game localhost part and I am using the cloud game GM name thing. But seeing the one-off cache error message I wasn't so sure if GMs were supposed to do the cloud connection to themselves.
    Yep, I just did some testing (I wasn't on my computer last night when I replied) and I can't see a way to send a chat bubble in a different language either. And yes, you need to type the full name in a whisper. One thing that would work is if you had the chat bubble already in the language that you wanted - but then it wouldn't get translated. I''m guessing here that whispers don't go through the normal channels when text is sent to players.

Also, yes, if you are joining your own Cloud game it is perfectly fine to use the Join by DM name option (in fact it's the only way you can join a cloud game on the same computer). I do this frequently and I haven't seen any errors - so it is probably, as you say, a one off.

Thanks again. That "one-off" might have been a Dropbox related thing. I successfully used Onedrive for months and switched to a Dropbox based folder lately in order to test its reliability with FGU. Firefox has trouble successfully downloading directly into the Dropbox folder (often 0 byte files) and one of my player claimed to have lost his character leveling we did at the end of a session while all other players did not. So Dropbox seems potentially more problematic than Onedrive, but I will keep testing it for some more time.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; December 26th, 2020 at 10:45.

You haven't synced your Dropbox or Onedrive to FG Data folders have you? This is extremely likely to end up with you losing data. It's fine to have your data backed up there but make sure that you are not syncing when FG is running otherwise you'll have issues eventually.

Thread Information