5E Character Create Playlist
Page 22 of 96 First ... 1220212223243272 ... Last
    One could also put the map into the background; one may just need to test that when having multiple monitors But since FGU does not restrict oneself just to the boundary of the image, one can adjust the zoom etc. such that the map just shows on one monitor (while the others have then the black/gray background or the non-focused parts of the map) But different resolutions of the monitors could result into a cut-out toolbar or so, so, I'd test first

I searched the forum: FG(U)'s internal design does not seem to allow those windows to be locked. Opportunity missed...

How do I build a merchant NPC in FGU? I can build an NPC and I can create a list of items for the merchant to offer party members, but I do not see how to encapsulate the items as a distinct store to be shared.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    But then folks would be upset you can't move the image window to arrange it
    (Yes, I'm playing devil's advocate, you can smite me now!)
    Isn't that what options are good for?

And I just noticed: You can maximize the image window and thus lock it without issues (other than all other windows covering it). So the question arises why it cannot be done without maximizing it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Smithicus View Post
    How do I build a merchant NPC in FGU? I can build an NPC and I can create a list of items for the merchant to offer party members, but I do not see how to encapsulate the items as a distinct store to be shared.
    There isn't a way to add an inventory to an NPC directly. You could use a Story or Story Template to share with your players and link the items in that. Or create a treasure parcel with the items and share that
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I elected to use a Note to provide a list of items the merchant has for sale.
    Additionally, I upvoted the idea of a merchant tab with preset items for purchase here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=109358

Thank you!
    Your experience has helped expedite my education into the nuances of FGU. The willingness of you and the members in this group to respond is refreshing!

I suppose a Module approach has already been attempted to solve stores/merchants?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithicus View Post
    I suppose a Module approach has already been attempted to solve stores/merchants?
    There is at least 1 community extension that gives you increased capabilities. I think one is my Mattekure and is called "shops" and is on the DMsGuild. Not sure. Check the ruleset specific and the CoreRPG sub-forums, read the stickies at the top of each sub-forum to help you find useful info, such as community extensions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi Folks,

How do I move the 'console' inside FGU to run outside the main FG window? I find it is intrusive in FGU having it in the window, getting in the way of things. This is the main reason for me still developing in FGC initially as the Console window is a great source of information/debugging.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I'm not sure you can move the console in FGU; but I've never tried to be honest.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

FGC to FGU conversion Q: with the new image handling is there any way to replace an image with an updated one (I added more details) and have the LoS/walls stay in place? Or if you update an image in FGU do you need to start-over and rebuilding the LoS?

Still getting used to the import process vs. just "any image in the folder" in FGC where you'd simply see the updated one with the correct grid sizing as long as the dimension on original and replacement were identical.

(deleted follow up Q: found originals in assets, deleted, re-imported, so figured out the 'already exists' issue, but still curious about slipping an updated map under one with LoS already defined)
    Last edited by BronzeDodger; November 20th, 2020 at 05:35. Reason: delete follow up

Thread Information