DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 96 First ... 210111213142262 ... Last
    If the NPC I'm attacking is already targeted by me (Ctrl+left click), is it not enough to add the needed damage dice and do the roll?

Quote Originally Posted by eriktedesco View Post
    If the NPC I'm attacking is already targeted by me (Ctrl+left click), is it not enough to add the needed damage dice and do the roll?
    I don’t understand the question. Can you expand on what you mean.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The only way to extend the reach is to adjust the reach in the Combat Tracker by changing the 5 to a 10.

There are two ways to do extra damage (assuming that the extra damage is just extra dice of the same type as the spell being cast). The first is to create a new line for each possible variation (so 2d6 at level 1, 3d6 at level 2 or whatever). The second is instead of double clicking the damage; click on it and hold and then drag the damage dice. Right click to add more dice until you get the correct amount and then drop that onto the target either on the token or on the Combat Tracker.
    Sorry Zacchaeus, I was referring to this post.

Blog Entries
    I'm still not sure what you're asking, but if I assume...

To add additional damage to an attack, such as when you are upcasting a spell, or have a situation (hex, hunter's mark, etc) that does additional untyped damage and just want to add it, what I do is to roll the die/dice, drag the results to the modifier window, then roll the damage. FG will add that as the modifier to the roll.

Just rolling a die even if you have something targets, FG doesn't know its damage (or healing) and therefore won't apply it as damage (in most (all?) rulesystems). But, you could just roll the d6, and then drag the results to the Wounds field on the CT and FG will assume it's damage. But, it will be untyped damage, if that matters.

Did I guess right?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The only way to extend the reach is to adjust the reach in the Combat Tracker by changing the 5 to a 10.

There are two ways to do extra damage (assuming that the extra damage is just extra dice of the same type as the spell being cast). The first is to create a new line for each possible variation (so 2d6 at level 1, 3d6 at level 2 or whatever). The second is instead of double clicking the damage; click on it and hold and then drag the damage dice. Right click to add more dice until you get the correct amount and then drop that onto the target either on the token or on the Combat Tracker.
    Okay, I can live with that .

Its no different than when playing Face-to-Face

Thanks.

I'll stop trying to wrack my brains for a cunning coding fix

Maybe a Zen master will attempt a work around for an extension of the future.

Actually, there is an extension to cast at a higher level. It is still an Alpha build, but you can check it out here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...a-Higher-Level

Okay....been watching Philip's aka Zacchaeus' videos for the past few days, going through them one by one, and now I feel like an FGU God. (I'm not, but I'm WAY more capable than I was 72 hours ago.) Big thanks to Phil for doing these. Anyone new to FGU (I had no experience with FG before jumping in) I highly recommend them:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Zacchaeus55/videos

Just start at the back and work your way forward. Lots of things I didn't realize I could do in FGU and I learned I can. Customization here I come. Thank you, Zacchaeus!

Jolly good.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

SO how do I give control of an NPC to a player, with access to the character sheet and the token?

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    SO how do I give control of an NPC to a player, with access to the character sheet and the token?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...176#post387176

Thread Information