5E Character Create Playlist
Page 58 of 96 First ... 848565758596068 ... Last
    Originally I suspected that some keyboard modifier was available to toggle between GM and invis back and forth, skipping all. I thought I had read something about that, but obviously was mistaken.

How do I setup a rooftop line of sight area? The end result I'm looking for is a player goes on a roof and can look down onto the streets. If they're on the streets they can't see onto roofs. Bonus if being on one roof lets you see onto other buildings/roofs. I tried using the terrain, but it results in players seeing onto the roof even from street level, but not behind it. If I double layer it, they can see on the roof, but not down into the streets.

There isn't a really elegant way to do this. You are essentially trying to do a 3d thing on a 2d map so it's never really going to work. Whichever occluder type you use (terrain, window, pit, wall) is going to have an issue one way or another.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by burnmelt View Post
    How do I setup a rooftop line of sight area? The end result I'm looking for is a player goes on a roof and can look down onto the streets. If they're on the streets they can't see onto roofs. Bonus if being on one roof lets you see onto other buildings/roofs. I tried using the terrain, but it results in players seeing onto the roof even from street level, but not behind it. If I double layer it, they can see on the roof, but not down into the streets.
    Use 2 diff maps. As Zacc said you trying to do 3D on a 2D map.

Blog Entries
    If you are dealing with pitched roofs, I like to put a terrain on each pitch of the roof. When you are one half of a pitched roof, you can see to the ground and to the other pitch, but you can't see to the ground on the other side of the roof. When someone is on the ground facing the same pitch, they can see you, but they won't be able to see you if you go to the other side of the roof.

Can you make an effectc bonus for saves only for fear effects?
    Last edited by edcasasa; September 5th, 2021 at 05:18.

Quote Originally Posted by edcasasa View Post
    Can you make an effectc bonus for saves only for fear effects?
    This requires an ext to do. The base FGU does not do this.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/314...Automatic+Save

Note there are special ways to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by burnmelt View Post
    I have handled this with an illusory wall on its own image layer so that it can be turned on and off separately from everything else. When the players are on the upper surface, turn the layer off so they can see past the wall. When they are on the lower surface, turn the layer on so they can't see past the wall. Of course this does not work for some of the players being above and some being below.
    Last edited by mdrichey; September 10th, 2021 at 00:27.

Two new videos added. The first is all about the new occluder tools and the second reveals some of the features unique to FGU of the WotC adventure The Wild Beyond the Witchlight.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've searched for this, but could not find anything

The Hotbar.

Its awesome and very useful to both players and DM's

I know how to populate it.

Question is - apart from dragging something new over an existing hotkey location, is there a way to CLEAR an assigned value to a particular, or all or group of hotkeys in the hotbar?

So for example, I'm DMing at the moment, and have the plain and SHIFTed hot keys set up for various things in the current campaign module.

For the next module in the campaign, can I clear all the SHIFTED keys or any individual key without dragging something else over it?

That is to say - get back to a "clean slate" in any particular key or group of keys?

That way similarly named links and rolls don't get mixed up as they are changed between modules within a campaign

Thanks,

Reg F
    Last edited by Reg; October 1st, 2021 at 08:13.

Thread Information