5E Character Create Playlist
Page 96 of 96 First ... 4686949596
    Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    Thanks Laerun, I actually heard about the app from your video, but didn't know if there were any "official" instructions.
    tyhanks again
    Okay, no problem..I did include the links in the video description, if it's the same video?

https://youtu.be/DNTbz_Dk5DA?si=-zJJvO6he6Re1_22
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Hi everyone,

my group is playing with a ruleset, which isn't maintained anymore. Not a problem so far, but since the 4.5 update it threw mistakes. We managed to identify the problem with the new CoreRPG. We simply replaced it with an older version (from September, still had an old Laptop around with the old file), and now it works again.

Since we're surely not the only people having this issue, is it possible to set up a database with the old files, so we can reference them? Or can you, alternatively, tell me, if there is a copyright-infringement, if I'd share the old CoreRPG publically?

We'd prefer that you just kept it for private use. The whole point of improving on the CoreRPG and other rulesets is to allow us to add features, without having to maintain multiple older versions.

Regards,
    JPG

I understand. I'm not trying to get you to maintain multiple versions.

I'm just trying to freeze a certain status, so that rulesets can still work, even after an update.

Third option would be to rename the Core and call the renamed version in the specific ruleset. So it doesn't interfere with the updater. Would that be ok? I would still like to enable others to the same solution, meaning sharing the old Core.
    Last edited by DSAGruppe; March 21st, 2024 at 20:11.

Hmm. I guess I don't mind it being done informally, but you'll have to rename the older version (CoreRPG_2023 for file name and Core RPG (2023) for display name) to not conflict with newer version and to provide a clear difference for our development and support team so we don't spend time on it at all. I would prefer just to have it stored as a file, rather than submitted to repository (which implies changeability).

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information