5E Character Create Playlist
Page 53 of 96 First ... 343515253545563 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Zacchaeus is right though, there is FoW Are you sure you turned on LoS? If you just activate dynamic lighting, then you probably won't have this
    Currently activated - Zoom, Shortcuts, LOS, Lighting, Grid Snap

So yes - it's activated.

So in the first image below Bob has a candle and has just been placed on the map - so he can see very little. In the second image Bob has moved north a bit and you can see a greyish area where he has been.

Make sure that the token you are viewing is selected (otherwise you'll just see darkness). If you still can't see the FoW then can you post some screenshots of what you are seeing. (You can click the Player Preview button to see what the players are seeing on the DM map).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    So in the first image below Bob has a candle and has just been placed on the map - so he can see very little. In the second image Bob has moved north a bit and you can see a greyish area where he has been.

Make sure that the token you are viewing is selected (otherwise you'll just see darkness). If you still can't see the FoW then can you post some screenshots of what you are seeing. (You can click the Player Preview button to see what the players are seeing on the DM map).
    Ya it's not working on my end, they just see straight black. I would like to get it so they can see where they've been.

Well something's incorrectly set up on the map or with the tokens etc. As you can see Fog of War does work. I can't diagnose the issue from what you have described, so perhaps you could provide a campaign file with just the bare essentials - such as the one map, one Pc etc.

Other things to check is that you aren't using any extensions (test in a new campaign without extensions); that you have placed the PC token correctly on the map and that the PC token has a light or vision source.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    The link inmy signature on reporting issues will help provide some troubleshooting as well as how to provide the most useful info for us to help you.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Well something's incorrectly set up on the map or with the tokens etc. As you can see Fog of War does work. I can't diagnose the issue from what you have described, so perhaps you could provide a campaign file with just the bare essentials - such as the one map, one Pc etc.

Other things to check is that you aren't using any extensions (test in a new campaign without extensions); that you have placed the PC token correctly on the map and that the PC token has a light or vision source.
    I'll be double checking later today to ensure I don't have any extensions loaded - though I'm sure I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The link inmy signature on reporting issues will help provide some troubleshooting as well as how to provide the most useful info for us to help you.
    Thank you - once I find some time today to get it done I'll upload what I have.

Is there a way to forbid modules you do not own from being defaulted to "shared" where a player can load them?

I know once they load into the game I can go into the library look for any that are set to shared that are not ones you want to share and do this. However, what I'm asking is if there is a way to default to ALL mods are set to NOT shared until I change the setting?

I can't tell you how many times a player is loading a mod that is not allowed at the table and getting information and data all mixed up with other stuff.

No. Modules are produced either as DM or Player modules and by default player modules are shared. When you start a new campaign it's a good idea to sort out what modules you want to have available and what you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Is there a way to forbid modules you do not own from being defaulted to "shared" where a player can load them?

I know once they load into the game I can go into the library look for any that are set to shared that are not ones you want to share and do this. However, what I'm asking is if there is a way to default to ALL mods are set to NOT shared until I change the setting?

I can't tell you how many times a player is loading a mod that is not allowed at the table and getting information and data all mixed up with other stuff.
    Unfortunately, for player owned modules that the GM doesn't own, it's a case of checking through the library module activation window occasionally and restricting those that have appeared when a player logged in. Not ideal.

It's a good idea to add to the wishlist.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

How to I switch off my players having to request permission to move their token? I don't think this used to be on by default but it seems to be for me now.

Thread Information