FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 96 First ... 78910111959 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    A series of videos each one covering a topic which is a frequently asked question here or on Discord.

If you have suggestions for further videos then post a comment here.

Video One: How do I get images into my campaign in Unity
    Video Two: How does the Line of Sight feature work in Unity
    Video Three: How do I set up my Fighter's Fighting Style in Unity (and in Classic)
    Video Four: How do I see monsters when LoS is enabled in Unity
    Video Five: How do I get started with Lost Mine of Phandelver in Unity
    Video Six: How to restrict environmental effects to one area of a map.
    Video Seven: How do I set up effects for Hexblade's Curse
    Thank you for these!

While I appreciate the effort, the fact that it requires a six-minute to explain how to add images to a campaign highlights the obtuseness of the UI. I know I've been asking this for years: please please please hire an UI/UX designer. In fairness 5 minutes of the video was padding and the answer to the question posed in the video title was covered in less than a minute. Padding seems to be a requirement to be relevant on YT. Pro-tip for YT: start every video (at least) a minute into the video to get past the worst fluff.

As a more immediate alleviation to how tedious images are to add, can we at least get an "add folder" or the option to add multiple images in one go with CTRL-clicking like in every other UI out there, please. I build my scenarios from PDFs, and adding dozens of images to FGU is a frustrating exercise, when in FGC all I had to do was dump them into a folder and relax.

I've run now two encounters with LOS, and it's definitely a work in progress -feature. There seems to be no connection between visibility in combat tracker and map (players see an NPC on map, but not on the combat tracker, and vice versa), and the icons used to show visibility and even the popup texts are not very helpful in explaining each feature. So I end up asking players to explain when they see what, and managing the visibility becomes fiddly.

Since I made that video there are now two new buttons on the image window which allows you to import assets or files just like you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    If time efficiency is important to you, videos will never get you there. The Wiki is much more efficient, and more easily updated. See this page to see the original and two additional methods that Mr Z refers to; https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ages+as+the+GM

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

In Unity I read that to assign an NPC to a player, I change its alignment in the CT to "friendly" and then drag the icon over to a PC Portrait in the upper left of the main screen in order to give them control. However, in the current Unity it appears that all players can move and otherwise manipulate a friendly NPC regardless of my dragging the friendly NPC to a PC portrait. Is that the intended behavior?

There is an option that allows you to set Party Vision and movement to on or off. I believe that will prevent players moving any other token. However in order for a player to be able to move an NPC that you give them control of I think you'll need to set that option to off otherwise only the DM will be able to move that token. Currently the default is that anyone can move a friendly token (ironically this is a side effect of being able to give a player control of an NPC).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That is fine. I just wanted to be doing the right thing. Thanks Zacchaeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There is an option that allows you to set Party Vision and movement to on or off. I believe that will prevent players moving any other token. However in order for a player to be able to move an NPC that you give them control of I think you'll need to set that option to off otherwise only the DM will be able to move that token. Currently the default is that anyone can move a friendly token (ironically this is a side effect of being able to give a player control of an NPC).
    When that option is on then players can move and look through friendly tokens So, the opposite behaviour (though there is the party vision toggle in the radial menu of tokens to add or remove tokens for the vision)

As far as I remember this option defaults to off, so, per default players can not move friendly tokens anymore as long as the GM turns that on

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    When that option is on then players can move and look through friendly tokens So, the opposite behaviour (though there is the party vision toggle in the radial menu of tokens to add or remove tokens for the vision)

As far as I remember this option defaults to off, so, per default players can not move friendly tokens anymore as long as the GM turns that on
    Yes, you are correct. It's the opposite of what I said. Just as well someone is following on and correcting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    As a more immediate alleviation to how tedious images are to add, can we at least get an "add folder" or the option to add multiple images in one go with CTRL-clicking like in every other UI out there, please. I build my scenarios from PDFs, and adding dozens of images to FGU is a frustrating exercise, when in FGC all I had to do was dump them into a folder and relax.
    I was creating a mod from a pdf just 2 days ago. The simple method is that once you have created the campaign to make your module, in Windows Explorer navigate to your data\campaign\modulename\images folder, and just drop the images you want in there.

Is there a way to limit the length of LOS to the vision capability of player characters in a game system - eg 5e with 60ft dark vision or carrying a torch with 30ft or similar?
    Similarly can you define a map to be dark, in daylight or artificially lit in areas?

Thread Information