5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 81 of 96 First ... 3171798081828391 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    If you want to add a font that is not in the current list, you would need an extension to add the font files as well as the choice to the list.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Is there a way to create a random table that includes a "STORY" or "CHAT ENTRY" AND a "PARCEL" or "ENCOUNTER". I'm trying to generate a random room with an encounter generated from the same dice roll.
    Any ideas? Work around?
    Thanks for any replies
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

You can try using a Story template. But a table can't output to both a story and an encounter at the same time. You'd need separate tables.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus,
    Do you know if there is a way that an extension could "make" FGU split the output? I assume (without looking) that the button for output on the [TABLES] window just addresses the particular branch to the actual output? I'll take a look at TEMLATES, I've never used them.

Thanks again
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

I suppose anything is possible with an extension, but I don't know for sure if what you want is possible.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Another dumb question...
    Is there a way to scale just the LoS layers in FGU? The original images needed to be scaled to 25% and now the LoS layer is exactly 4x larger than it needs to be.

Thanks for any input

No. You can move all or parts of line of sight but you can't shrink or grow it.

Blog Entries
    You can use the point selection tool and draw a box around all the LOS points. This allows you to move all the LOS points together. In order to grow or shrink them all, you need to grow or shrink the entire layer that contains the LOS points. Using this information, you could potentially adjust the LOS for a layer that is underneath another image layer and it will still apply to the top-most, visible layer. You can also duplicate layers by selecting it in the Image Control Panel and clicking on the duplicate layer button. A layer needs to at least be set to GM-visible in order for the LOS definitions to apply to players.

I've been playing with templates and have 2 questions...
    1. When rolling on a table within the template we "should" (according to the video) be able to suppress the output using the? [?table name]. This only seems to work for [text] entries and not [link] entries within the table. Is there a different/additional character needed to suppress all output?
    2. Is there a character for clearing the variables between rolls on a table within the same template sheet? I roll on a table and parse the information (works flawlessly). Within the same sheet, I call for a second roll on the same table (getting a different result) BUT, the parsing of the table returns the data from the first roll. I've repeated this with multiple rolls and the only parsed data returned is the first roll, when multiple calls are used in the same template. I did a work-around by making duplicates of the original table numbered 1-4 assigning a different table to each table call. Please fill me in if there is a proper way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance

I don't think there's any kind of suppression other than the query. If there is I don't think it has been documented by the author of the Templates Pro thing.

I don't think you can clear the entries for a roll on a table. The idea is that you make a roll and then use that output. I don't think it's meant to be used to get multiple results from the same table, since that would be confusing. To create story templates you need to put some thought into how your tables are going to look. If you are trying to do what you said above then I'd have one table for your stories and another for your parcels. I doubt that combining those two disparate things will work satisfactorily in a template. A template can't create a parcel; only a table can do that.

Thread Information