DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

LFP for Dungeon of the Mad Mage

Dungeon of the Mad Mage
    FG License: Unity (standard)
    Game System: 5E

Time Zone: CST - Florida ( GMT/UTC -5)
    Day of week and time: Sunday, 7:00 PM (will try for 12:00 noon CST. That would be 5:00pm GMT)
    Planned start date: 4/12/20
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hours, weekly
    Term: Until Campaign Ends

Text or Voice: Text
    Voice software used: None, at this time
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
    Number of Players in game & needed: Need 2-4
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 4, class equipment
    Character restrictions: No Combat Mastery feats

Details of your scenario:
    THE GREATEST DUNGEON OF THEM ALL!
    Explore the mega-dungeon of Undermountain in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

In the city of Waterdeep rests a tavern called the Yawning Portal, named after the gaping pit in its common room. At the bottom of this crumbling shaft is a labyrinthine dungeon shunned by all but the most daring adventurers. Known as Undermountain, this dungeon is the domain of the mad wizard Halaster Blackcloak. Long has the Mad Mage dwelt in these forlorn depths, seeding his lair with monsters, traps, and mysteries—to what end is a constant source of speculation and concern.

This adventure picks up where Waterdeep: Dragon Heist leaves off, taking characters of 5th level or higher all the way to 20th level should they explore the entirety of Halaster’s home. Twenty-three levels of Undermountain are detailed herein, along with the subterranean refuge of Skullport. Treasures and secrets abound, but tread with care!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Note: you can also create your characters and e-mail me the *.xml file to ([email protected]) so I can add them to the campaign folder so you do not have to recreate them if you already have a level 4 character that you want to play. I am still new to the VTT program and have not purchased the hex grid maps. I will only be using maps provided by the adventure. Make sure when you create the character you do not create it inside a campaign. Create something like character creation and then create your character. But if you do not own any of the books don't worry. I have the entire essential collections which allows every race including githyanki, genasi, and several other sub races. Simply log in a day before (saturday 4/11/2020) and create your character.
    Last edited by shezingzh; April 10th, 2020 at 14:13.

Re: Time Zone: CST - Florida ( GMT +5), shouldn't this be: Time Zone: CST - Florida ( GMT -5)?

Eager to join. Sent you a PM with a series of questions- to help me in my character creation mostly.
    .xml file? I can easily send an image file in .jpg, .png, .xcf and various others(even .psd in a week or so)- heck I can even do html give you a crash course in how to set up and modify html and CSS files so you can modify character stats in real time (if you like). I can make them for all of the characters in campaign (again, with a crash course you can modify these on the fly)
    I'm just not familiar at all with .xml.
    "I need to pee!"
    "Roll for constitution."
    "21"
    "You can hold it for three more days."

Upon consideration, I am OPEN to teaching you a little html but I would more highly recommend .xcf files- translation- GIMP files. Gimp is a freeware version of photoshop and for our purposes, teaching you how to quickly assemble and modify character, monster and whatever else sheets would be a piece of cake.
    HTML is an entire programming language. I could show you some tricks but if you want to get down to business it'll take a while to master.
    "I need to pee!"
    "Roll for constitution."
    "21"
    "You can hold it for three more days."

FYI, the FG Unity program is how you create the character. The character you create inside the program upon completion you export it. Once exported it is saved as an *.xml file. FG program does all the work for you. The images you have of course have to be in a certain format. In this case FG tech supports recommends 100x100 pixels and save the image in *.jpg format. I will then upon receiving them transfer them to the proper folder for the campaign. The easy way for character creation is for you to log in on 4/11/2020 and create the character inside the campaign. I will then e-mail you the *.xml file so you can use it in other adventures. I have adobe photoshop.

to answer the time zone I used Google and here is the example:

Greenwich Mean Time is 5 hours ahead of Central Time
    11:05 AM Tuesday, Central Time (CT) is
    4:05 PM Tuesday, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

so, if I start at 7pm and your on GMT it would mean its 2pm your time. Is this not correct. I guess that would be -5 GMT

I see what you are saying, but the notation for time zone tends to show your time as relative to GMT or UTC, you are 5 hours behind GMT, so would normally show your time as 7pm CST (GMT-5). Your 7pm is midnight GMT.

I would love to join, but as I get up for work at 6am it’s a no go for me. Sorry I didn’t want to confuse you.
    Last edited by Coffers; April 7th, 2020 at 19:36.

correction on the time. as posted, I had the correct time if it is 7pm cst (GMT +5). You would add 5 hours to 7pm you would get 12:00 midnight your time. I will try and see if I can start earlier than 7pm to make up the difference. I will try for 12 noon but cannot promise that.

I'd be interested in this if you still have room

okay so far we now have 4 players:

Diomitus
    Alzarion Crimson
    BoomYahtzee
    TheCroixman

The start time may change depending on everyones time zone. If I start earlier than 7pm the session hours will drop from 4 to 1-2. But thats ok since I have most of the stuff for part 1 written out in notes. I do not have a mic as mine broke but I will try to get an xbox head set to work but I really hate trying to get it to work with discord I had so many sound issues when playing guildwars.

Thats why I stated Text only. But if everyone wants to go to mics I will try to get it to work. If everyone is fine with 7pm CST please let me know.

FYI. I am a beginner with VTT and do not know all the ends and outs of FG. Please bear with me as we play. I have not purchased the background mats to play on as this would have been another expense for something I have not tried out yet.

There are some websites that can assist with timezones, this one is my personal favorite https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Also, it's nice to see more text games coming out, personally I enjoy them more than voice games but that's just my preference as a literature nerd. I would join but with finances being what they are I haven't been able to snag a copy of Unity yet.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel; for those who matter wont mind, and those who mind wont matter." - Theodor 'Dr.Seuss' Geisel

Thread Information