DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Effects: Damage on the end of the target's turn

Hey guys,

Can't seem to get this right.
    Situation: A spell sets a character on fire (1d6 fire damage at the end of the character's turn)

Can't seem to get that last part working. I can have it deal automatic damage at the start of the turn but not at the end. Anyone know how?

Thanks!

Which ruleset?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, sorry 5E

I've had this problem come up with character abilities, as well as monster abilities.

In FG the effects are applied on the initiative turn of whoever applied the effect and are removed (or incremented) when that initiative count comes around again. Additionally effects which last for one turn are removed at the start of the turn. You can change this timing in the CT but it's usually not worth it. It all depends what you are trying to do.

See video seven in this series which talks in detail about the timing of effects. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There's the DMGO effect, but this is applied at the beginning of the turn not the end.

It's possible to add a new effect (maybe call it DMGOE - for Ongoing damage end of turn) and then code for the onEffectActorEndTurn event via an extension if this is something you really want to look into. The PFRPG2 has this as I had to move DMGO from the beginning of the turn to the end (PF2 rules). See the scripts\manager_effect_pfrpg2.lua file in the PFRPG2 ruleset - search for DMGO
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information