STAR TREK 2d20

What the heck is this!?

Hi guys.
    I recently stumbled upon a bad story that happened between a guy named Ken L in this forum and developers of FG, but that is not a thing I wanted to talk about.
    The thing that bothers me is that damn extension - Advanced Kombat for Pathfinder (or D&D 3.5) for which I made a mistake and because of my curiosity saw the video of it. I immediately went nuts how good this thing is and I wanted it.

Of course, then I stumbled on the story and the reason why this extension is not available for pathfinder (although somebody kinda copied it for D&D 5). I even found the link where the old version was posted and downloaded it. I was excited and happy but only for a short time.

I have FG unity and on this platform, this amazing (as I saw in videos) extension doesn’t work. Then researching a bit more I have found this!!!

And here is my questions:

1. Is there similar extension like Advanced Kombat for Pathfinder/D&D 3.5. If there is not is there a possibility to make one. I am sure some of us would invest in such endeavour

2. Is there some extension or software that integrates into FGU and works for connected players like this NPC ANIME GIRL in the video. (If there isn't I already have a bunch of people who are ready to part their money for something like this. Please, developers, consider this )

Thanks in advance for some good soul that would answer on my not so smart queries.
    And pardon this old storyteller that discovered this virtual wonder called FGU and still feels a bit lost but looking for a way to get better.

Blog Entries
    1. No there is not. But you can make one if you want. No one else in the 3.5/PF community has stepped up to do so.

2. I believe the anime girls is added to the video as an overlay and is not something AK2 ever did in FG itself. But, maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, there is currently no such extension in FGU. But again, you are welcome to develop such if you wish.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

HM? I think this could be what you are looking for, serves me very well as replacement for Ādvanced Kombat. should give it a try (height indicators is a separate extension you can also find their. Think you should give this a try

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...m-s-extensions
    WIN 10 (x64 home)/FGC Ultimate & Basic license/FGU Ultimate license; Windows 10 x64 (home edition), DM (mostly) & Player of D&D, AD&D, PFRPG since 1992 (IRL with Fantasy Grounds VTT)

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    1. No there is not. But you can make one if you want. No one else in the 3.5/PF community has stepped up to do so.
    1. Sorry Lord Entrail,but isnīt Kelrugem`s extension the replacement for Advanced Kombat? I think he also mentions this somewhere (not too sure). Also if not, it is a very good replacement cause it already does the same if not more (just my opinion).
    WIN 10 (x64 home)/FGC Ultimate & Basic license/FGU Ultimate license; Windows 10 x64 (home edition), DM (mostly) & Player of D&D, AD&D, PFRPG since 1992 (IRL with Fantasy Grounds VTT)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Flammang View Post
    1. Sorry Lord Entrail,but isnīt Kelrugem`s extension the replacement for Advanced Kombat? I think he also mentions this somewhere (not too sure). Also if not, it is a very good replacement cause it already does the same if not more (just my opinion).
    Hm, not really I have copied out the height label code and I recoded Ken's save overlays (and added a lot to that, i.e. they are strictly speaking not save overlays, they also check everything else which affects the outcome of a spell ). Besides these two things I have developed completely different things I also did not change the UI as much as Ken did in that video, simply because I like the FG one more (it gives me a better feeling about that I play D&D; ken's UI seems to be too modern for me, though such a UI would surely be suitable for other settings ) and because it is so messy to change the UI I rather focus on automating the ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hm, not really I have copied out the height label code and I recoded Ken's save overlays (and added a lot to that, i.e. they are strictly speaking not save overlays, they also check everything else which affects the outcome of a spell ). Besides these two things I have developed completely different things I also did not change the UI as much as Ken did in that video, simply because I like the FG one more (it gives me a better feeling about that I play D&D; ken's UI seems to be too modern for me, though such a UI would surely be suitable for other settings ) and because it is so messy to change the UI I rather focus on automating the ruleset
    Ups, sorry than didnīt want to confuse anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Flammang View Post
    Ups, sorry than didnīt want to confuse anyone
    No worries

For the record. As I recall all of that is done in Fantasy Grounds. Thats why it was so cool..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    For the record. As I recall all of that is done in Fantasy Grounds. Thats why it was so cool..
    Having this NPC image popup (which one can seemingly change by switching "emotions"/modes when one has enough images) is certainly a very nice feature, that would surely contribute to the RPG immersion

Indeed it would be very cool.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information