DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Unable to shrink an entire map to fit the screen

Hi everyone,

I am not able to shrink a map larger than screen so that it fits into the screen and I may see all of it (even if very small-sized).

Anyone could help me please?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Try holding down ctrl and then left click on the map and hold and drag upwards to shrink and downwards to increase
    If I do so, the window of the map shrinks/increases, not the map inside the window. I do want to see all the map inside the window

Scroll wheel up and down will resize the map.
    And Right click -> Resize gives you a couple of options also.
    Scroll wheel resizes the map but not completely: a part of it is still left 'out of its window' and I am not able to look at all the map inside its window.
    The right click resize options resize the window, not the map inside.

Blog Entries
    Your image window is of a different proportion than the image in that case.
    Adjust the windows size in the appropriate direction.
    When you choose the right click resize you can scale the map to fit vertically or horizontally.
    Try a few different options until how it works becomes a bit clearer.

Your image window is of a different proportion than the image in that case.
    Adjust the windows size in the appropriate direction.

Try a few different options until how it works becomes a bit clearer.
    It is clear, but it does not work. I want a window of a given size and I want to see all the map inside it. If I wheel scroll the shrinking become incomplete and I can't see some bordering parts of the map inside the window.

When you choose the right click resize you can scale the map to fit vertically or horizontally.
    It scale also the window, enlarging it.. And I don't want a window of that (too large) dimension

Blog Entries
    Which dimension doesnt fit?
    If it doesnt fit the left and right of the map and you cant or wont make the window wider then make the window less tall.
    If it doesnt fit the top and bottom of the map and you cant or wont make the map window taller then make the window less wide.
    If you want the whole map in the window then the window must have the same size ratio as the map.

If you want the whole map in the window then the window must have the same size ratio as the map.
    This is so awkward!
    Take for example the 'farmstead' map in D&D Map Pack Volume 1: it is a map which mainly extends vertically, so I cannot see the whole map unless I figure out the window in a vertical shape and with the same ratio of the map..

It would have been more user-friendly if the whole map would proportionally adjust when the window is modified.

See here for a video showing what @damned mentions above: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post304700

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    It would have been more user-friendly if the whole map would proportionally adjust when the window is modified.
    Maybe for your specific use case, but not for others who want to be able to control the exact dimensions of the map window and the map view.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information