Starfinder Playlist

Incorrect skill checks being rolled

Steps to reproduce the error
    Drag the d20 from the bottom left of a skill into the chat window. Many time the wrong skill will be rolled. If the character window is expanded, this doesn't appear to be an issue, so perhaps this is something to do with the scroll bar.

Any relevant information from the "console.log" file found in your FG Data directory.
    None

Ruleset(s) you are experiencing the issue(s) in.
    5e

Is this a newly FGU created campaign or one migrated from FGC?
    Newly created

What modules do you have loaded? Are any of these DLC from sources other than the FGU updater? (i.e. manually migrated or 3rd party content)
    3 deluxe core rulebooks, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Volo's Guide to Monsters, Eberron

This still works with build 2020-04-04. I was able to recreate repeatably by opening a 5ed character, going to the skills tab, scrolling to the bottom, and making a Perception check by dragging the die to the chat window. Nature or Medicine typically is what's rolled (and you can see the skills window scroll a bit after grabbing the die).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GKEnialb View Post
    This still works with build 2020-04-04. I was able to recreate repeatably by opening a 5ed character, going to the skills tab, scrolling to the bottom, and making a Perception check by dragging the die to the chat window. Nature or Medicine typically is what's rolled (and you can see the skills window scroll a bit after grabbing the die).
    Are you using /scaleui do scale the display to something other than 100%?

Yes, I do scale to 125 and I'm fairly certain my players did the same. I just reset it back to 100 and see the same issue (but didn't restart FG after doing that).

Blog Entries
    Is it rolling the skill directly above the one you are choosing?
    I just did some testing and it is very easy to have the hand just slightly high and it actually seems to be grabbing from a point just a few pixels below the highest part of the hand.
    Is that possibly what is happening at your table?

It's normally 2 or 3 higher and it's never a problem if the window is resized so there is no scrolling. I tried it really slowly and it looks like when I grab the die on Perception and keep it the button held, the window scrolls so that Medicine is under the pointer, and that's what gets rolled. If I re-scroll and try again, it seems to work okay (until I close the character window and reopen).

I've reported this as well (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...crolling-error)

Based on your comment Pindercarl, I went in and tested. It DEFINITELY happens the first time after you use /scaleui, but that's not the only time. Often after returning to the tab I see this behavior, especially when I open the skills tab, scroll and doubleclick. To me it seems like it is most likely to happen when the scroll bar is somewhere in the middle, but I can't seem to determine exactly when it happens. One of those things that seems to only happen when you're not trying to make it happen! Something about it not remembering the correct scrollbar location until you click when it is opened from a remembered state... I don't know.

edit: One takeaway though, a workaround to avoid the issue seems to be to expand the window to the point where there is no longer a scroll bar!
    Last edited by Neovirtus; April 7th, 2020 at 03:07.

pindercarl

Nothing special needs to happen for this to be apparent.

Create a new character and immediately go to the skills tab and click on any rollable box. The scroll bar will jump to somewhere close to the middle and your mouse pointer will now be pointing at a skill which was 2 or 3 below where you clicked. Happens 100% of the time. As long as the sheet then remains open it seems to work after that. However if you move the scroll bar back to the top and then close the sheet and re-open it when you click again then the glitch occurs, (this second one isn't 100% reproduce-able). Switching between several characters can also make this pop up every now and again.

No scaling going on here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information