DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Campaign Settings for SWADE

Hey folks,

I'm brand new to Fantasy Grounds and trying to work through the setup. My main outstanding question is around the Campaign Settings and SWADE. If I were to purchase, for example, Tropicana, and try and use that with the SWADE ruleset, what would happen? As far as I can tell it hasn't been converted yet. Would I need to do a conversion myself or would I just be able to use the maps and characters and such without much issue?

Thanks.

I see it currently available in the store. There also appears to be a few modules as well. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...=GRAFGSWTROPCS

Most Savage World conversions tend to be an extension to expand the ruleset to include the new features of the setting. Also may contain a theme extension as well to change the look to the feel of setting.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I guess my question is, if I were to buy any of the many settings available under SW Deluxe, and I tried to use one with the SWADE ruleset, how much trouble am I looking at? Understanding that this is my first time using Fantasy Grounds as well.

I don't believe you would have problems with the content, but we are available here on the forums and discord to assist the best we can. If there is an issue with a module working with the ruleset, we can also attempt to get in touch with the developer to try and fix those issues. Also we do offer a 30 day refund guarantee as well.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Blog Entries
    The only issue you'll have with older settings (like Tropicana) is where the two versions of Savage Worlds differ...things like Charisma, some of the skills, etc.

Having said that, I do need to go through the Tropicana modules to clean up the character encoding so its all readable in FGU.

If there is an issue with a module working with the ruleset, we can also attempt to get in touch with the developer to try and fix those issues.

@Superteddy - that'd be me
    Ultimate License Holder

@Mortar Awesome! Still learning who did what.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Blog Entries
    All DLC will load into both SWD and SWADE rulesets. We made sure of that while the SWADE ruleset was being developed. Pretty much the only "technical issue" that will ever crop up is if certain SWD products happened to use anything that was removed in SWADE (for example, a few Edges and Hindrances were removed in SWADE) you'll get an error dialog if you click that link, since it's a link to nowhere. Having said that, I haven't yet encountered any products (mind you, I don't own them all) that have actually had that problem.

So the main thing would just be comparing the text and doing the mental conversion for the spots SWADE changed any rules. As Pinnacle and other publishers issue SWADE Conversion PDFs, the DLC Developers will gradually update their products to match. (I'm in the middle of updating Beasts & Barbarians Steel Edition to SWADE, for example.)

Thank you all SO MUCH for the assistance. I'm excited to getting this up and going. As much as I love Savage Worlds, I'm always interested in the varied settings, so this is great info to have.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    All DLC will load into both SWD and SWADE rulesets. We made sure of that while the SWADE ruleset was being developed. Pretty much the only "technical issue" that will ever crop up is if certain SWD products happened to use anything that was removed in SWADE (for example, a few Edges and Hindrances were removed in SWADE) you'll get an error dialog if you click that link, since it's a link to nowhere. Having said that, I haven't yet encountered any products (mind you, I don't own them all) that have actually had that problem.

So the main thing would just be comparing the text and doing the mental conversion for the spots SWADE changed any rules. As Pinnacle and other publishers issue SWADE Conversion PDFs, the DLC Developers will gradually update their products to match. (I'm in the middle of updating Beasts & Barbarians Steel Edition to SWADE, for example.)
    Hi, I believe you are the developoper for the B&B steel edition ruleset. Is it already upgraded to SWADE in its latest version, and does it include the premade archetypes available in PDF, or maybe other premade characters?

Thanks for your hard work!

Franck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by franckflo View Post
    Hi, I believe you are the developer for the B&B steel edition ruleset. Is it already upgraded to SWADE in its latest version, and does it include the premade archetypes available in PDF, or maybe other premade characters?
    Refer to the BBSE Feedback & Updates thread. It is 100% SWADE now. I have not added the pregens yet but it's on my ToDo list.

Thread Information