FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG: How to Defend?

Hi guys,

So, can anyone tell me how I can activate a PC's Defend action in FG, so I can get the +4 bonus to Parry?

Thanks in advance!

It is in the Effects list (small man silhouette button in upper right corner of screen). Just add it to the appropriate character.

That's awesome! Thanks Mac40k!

Oh erm quick question, what are these "eye" icons used for? Toggling them don't appear to do anything?

Attached Images Attached Images

They are to make the effect visible/invisible when placed on the Actor for the connected clients. So they will see it on their combat tracker or not.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    They are to make the effect visible/invisible when placed on the Actor for the connected clients. So they will see it on their combat tracker or not.
    Oh wow. That's neat but when would I need to make an effect invisible to the players? Can you give me an example or two?

Well maybe they have ingested a secret poison that only interacts with alcohol and you don't want them to know, but you want to give yourself a reminder. They ingest that fine mead in the next town and boom, die a horrible agonizing death. Just the scenario off the top of my head.

Another scenario is improvising an NPC with higher abilities or defenses and this will allow you to quickly boost/weaken a NPC without them seeing those changes.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Good call Thanks Superteddy.

Note that players can apply effects themselves, so the player wanting to use Defend or Wild Attack can open the effects box and click the button to apply an effect to themselves rather than needing the GM to do it for them, or drag an effect onto another character to apply it to a different target (such as spell effects, which are in each of the powers individual dialog boxes btw). You can also create your own effects and aren't limited to just the ones included, so if you are running a setting which has say, effects for Gravity, you can add them yourself.

The eyeball icon when it is grayed out for the GM means that effect is not visible in the effects list of players connected to you. You can see this yourself by launching a second instance of FG and connecting to your GM session using the word localhost as the host address. You can use this handy functionality when prepping for sessions to see what your players will see such as how masking on a map will look to them, what images/notes show up in the list when they open it, etc. Obviously, the only reason to gray out an effect would be the case where you don't want the players to see and/or apply the effect themselves. This is core FG functionality and while it may make more sense in other game systems, the only reason I can think of to do it SWADE would be the edge case where you've house ruled a change to one or more of the existing effects, like Cover for example, where you've created your own entries and don't want the SWADE entries showing up in the list as well.

Thanks Mac40k, your answers are always appreciated!

Speaking of DIY, is it possible to create my own Special Abilities for NPCs that will interact properly with the system's automation?

Thread Information