DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Hello Steve,

Sorry to hear that your group had such a rough go of it. We hope to push updates regularly to address these issues. There was a new version pushed Sunday that should help quite a bit. Early Access has been a little bumpier than we would all like, but we seem to be working through issues at a steady rate.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Hello Steve,

Sorry to hear that your group had such a rough go of it. We hope to push updates regularly to address these issues. There was a new version pushed Sunday that should help quite a bit. Early Access has been a little bumpier than we would all like, but we seem to be working through issues at a steady rate.
    No worries. When we aborted the game, I did ask everyone to update to that latest version, so we'll see how it goes next Monday.

I'm not really complaining (although it is disappointing) as I knew I was buying the experimental version. I just didn't quite get the memo that it was so experimental as to not keep players logged in (I was expecting the odd invisible monster or miscalculation). It does look very nice when I have it running on my laptop with nobody else connected (and perhaps if the Port-Forwarding option was a little easier to implement, there might be no problem).

Ultimately, we'll give it another couple of weeks before we go somewhere else. I really like the fact I can pay to have a paizo AP (nearly) completely pre-loaded. That feature is worth being patient.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Geddes View Post
    I’ve paid for FGU though. That doesn’t give me access to Fantasy Classic, does it?
    I would prefer if it did, seems more fair to early adopters.

Did you realize that this is still early Beta access, so I think if you wanna complain about something not working as desired you should simply wait for the official release, FG especially mentioned this before release (so contribute to solving but don´t complain about something not working as you want).
    WIN 10 (x64 home)/FGC Ultimate & Basic license/FGU Ultimate license; Windows 10 x64 (home edition), DM (mostly) & Player of D&D, AD&D, PFRPG since 1992 (IRL with Fantasy Grounds VTT)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Flammang View Post
    Did you realize that this is still early Beta access, so I think if you wanna complain about something not working as desired you should simply wait for the official release, FG especially mentioned this before release (so contribute to solving but don´t complain about something not working as you want).
    Yes, I knew it was a beta release. As I said - I thought that would mean some of the more esoteric gameplay features wouldn’t work or would work unreliably. I didn’t appreciate that “beta release” implied my players wouldn’t be able to log in. (And based on comments from FG, I don’t think my experience was expected by them either).

FWIW, I’m not unhappy with the fact I’ve spent money, nor am I “complaining”. I’m reporting my experiences in case there are others reading the forums thinking of buying FGU who may also be unaware of this issue. Perhaps it would be wiser for them to buy FG Classic and upgrade to FGU in a few months.

As for “contribute to solving” I can’t do much more than give them a few hundred dollars as I have. Not sure what that was even supposed to mean, really (?)

To be clear, I’m disappointed it isn’t working for us at more than a rudimentary level (and think that’s something worth telling the devs and prospective newcomers about). I’m not unhappy with my purchase, though.
    Last edited by Steve Geddes; April 7th, 2020 at 11:50.

I didn’t appreciate that “beta release” implied my players wouldn’t be able to log in. (And based on comments from FG, I don’t think my experience was expected by them either).
    I agree. FGU had been in closed testing for a few months and there were nothing like the issue experienced once it was released to open beta. Plus the influx of stay-at-home affected people meant that the issues that have been uncovered have affected a lot of people and were exacerbated by the volume of new users wanting to game.

Hopefully the devs have turned the corner on the main networking issues and people will be able to get to play with "normal" beta type issues.

Thanks for keeping the devs informed of the issues you're encountering. Hope your next session goes much better!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    No worries. When we aborted the game, I did ask everyone to update to that latest version, so we'll see how it goes next Monday.
    FYI, by next Monday their will probably be one or two updates. You will probably want everyone to update right before game time.

Yes, I knew it was a beta release. As I said - I thought that would mean some of the more esoteric gameplay features wouldn’t work or would work unreliably. I didn’t appreciate that “beta release” implied my players wouldn’t be able to log in. (And based on comments from FG, I don’t think my experience was expected by them either).
    Connecting was working up until a few weeks ago (most everything appeared to be working). When beta testing showed that the existing network engine couldn't do what it needed to do. So a completely new engine was selected and implemented, and then proved to not be scalable with the influx of COVID gamers.

So, Beta testing did what it was supposed to, it showed issues that needed to be resolved. Unfortunately, the first resolution to the problem didn't prove as capable as planned.

As for “contribute to solving” I can’t do much more than give them a few hundred dollars as I have. Not sure what that was even supposed to mean, really (?)
    I suspect this was referring to continuing to post issues and providing logs and troubleshooting info. By letting the devs know what's not working, the steps to reproduce, and the logs etc, this is helping immensely.

To be clear, I’m disappointed it isn’t working for us at more than a rudimentary level (and think that’s something worth telling the devs and prospective newcomers about). I’m not unhappy with my purchase, though.
    Glad you are still here. I know you're skeptical (rightly so), but I have faith (based on 5 years here) that the devs have things back on track and will continue to address them moving forward.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FYI, by next Monday their will probably be one or two updates. You will probably want everyone to update right before game time.
    Ah, I didn't realise the updates were likely to come that quickly. I'll make sure everyone updates half an hour before the game starts.
    Cheers.
    Connecting was working up until a few weeks ago (most everything appeared to be working). When beta testing showed that the existing network engine couldn't do what it needed to do. So a completely new engine was selected and implemented, and then proved to not be scalable with the influx of COVID gamers.

So, Beta testing did what it was supposed to, it showed issues that needed to be resolved. Unfortunately, the first resolution to the problem didn't prove as capable as planned.
    Yeah - I'm a "COVID gamer" so part of the problem, really!

I've never liked technology at the table, but given it's likely to be a year or more before we can get back together, this is better than no gaming at all.
    Glad you are still here. I know you're skeptical (rightly so), but I have faith (based on 5 years here) that the devs have things back on track and will continue to address them moving forward.
    I've definitely had great customer support from FG (and I really like the look of the software - for me the connection issue is the only frustrating thing. I don't need all the bells and whistles to work, so fingers crossed next week goes much smoother.

Thread Information