STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: Which system is your preference?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • D&D 5E

77 73.33%
  • D&d Classic

11 10.48%
  • Pathfinder 1st or 2nd edition

19 18.10%
  • Castles and Crusades

5 4.76%
  • Starfinder

7 6.67%
  • Call of Cthulhu

6 5.71%
  • Mongoose Traveller

6 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last
    Love this idea! I GM, prefer to GM, but a Military members game is cool!
    Both Air Force and Army veteran, 4 years AF, and a little over ten Army and ARNG.
    Pathfinder, Mongoose Traveller, maybe play in a 5E or PF2 or Starfinder. Up for anything actually.
    Why those last two stats dont matter?? But they do...or they will eventually, if you live that long!
    Last edited by Rogue; April 6th, 2020 at 20:39.
    FG Ultimate License Holder!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
    Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Maybe op could post a poll to determine interest in various systems?

wow! I'm excited to see this thread develop some inertia!

I did 4 years active US Navy ('98-'02). I got way more out of the service than they ever got out of me.

I guess I'll start with the basics. I have an Ultimate version of fantasy grounds (classic). I'm not an expert on the system, but I know enough to put a game together. I just recently got back into D&D (played WAY back when as a kid). I am capable of DMing a game, but D&D5E is about all I'm familiar with right now. I have ALL the assets (including mood sound files, etc.) for Phandelver and can run that right now. I am willing to purchase another module if there is no interest in Phandelver. Also, I am willing to be a player should someone more skilled at the DM slot want to take the reigns. That would not hurt my feelings at all

As far as time-frame...I'm on lockdown for the month of April due to this COVID thing, so for the forseeable future I'm wide open. After that, I'd probably like to focus on weekends. I am located in the Central time zone (Wisconsin specifically).

So that's a little more info on my end. I think I'll let this chat thread bake for a while and see where it goes. I would love for several games to come out of this. I think there is a connection that veterans share that civilians just don't get and the thought of a Veteran's only game is just stellar to me. Hope you all enjoy your day.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Love this idea! I GM, prefer to GM, but a Military members game is cool!
    Both Air Force and Army veteran, 4 years AF, and a little over ten Army and ARNG.
    Pathfinder, Mongoose Traveller, maybe play in a 5E or PF2 or Starfinder. Up for anything actually.
    Why those last two stats dont matter?? But they do...or they will eventually, if you live that long!
    Rogue, The stats don't matter line was a half-****ed attempt at sarcasm. In hind sight, I don't think it landed well. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jroy View Post
    Maybe op could post a poll to determine interest in various systems?
    Jroy, I'm not terribly familiar with how this chat thread thing works yet. I will definitely post a poll as requested...as soon as I figure out how to

Quote Originally Posted by JetMD75 View Post
    Rogue, The stats don't matter line was a half-****ed attempt at sarcasm. In hind sight, I don't think it landed well. lol
    I was wondering if anyone had actually read it!
    FG Ultimate License Holder!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."
    Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Wow, this sound like it would be a lot of fun. i too, had some of my best games while in the military.
    ARMY
    20.8 years ( active and guard)
    Retired (the highest rank in any service)
    Let's do it!!!!!

Wow, this sound like it would be a lot of fun. i too, had some of my best games while in the military.
    ARMY
    20.8 years ( active and guard)
    Retired (the highest rank in any service)
    Let's do it!!!!!

Haha, this is a great idea!! I would love to jump in a Vet game!!

John

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetMD75 View Post
    Jroy, I'm not terribly familiar with how this chat thread thing works yet. I will definitely post a poll as requested...as soon as I figure out how to
    Not 100% sure but I think if you edit your original post, then scroll down under the Additional Options section, you should see a "Post a Poll" option. I know that's where it is when you initially start a thread.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thread Information