Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Pins Displaced

Pins Displaced

Had a curious hiccup yesterday: when re-loading the Wave Echo Cave Player Map from LMoP, all the pins on the map were displaced by some 20 grid spaces.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

To give you some context, I, as well as all six players, were running last week's build. The only loaded extension was the Indicator of Death.

For the first time I was experimenting with using FoW as well as LoS. Apperently I {insert shameful verb} with the map settings, so whe the first player entered the cleft and I wante to remove some FoW, the whole map became visible. Hectically, I tried to get the settings straight, which lead to me repeatedly entering the editing mode of the map and fooling around with FoW and LoS settings. Mind you, this was clearly a user problem, no bug in FGU.

This situation prompted me to close the map an re-load it. When it opened up again, alle pins were shifted some 20 squares to the left.

Even after re-starting FGU, the pins remained shifted.

No I'm curious whether this has happened to someone else before, and how I can correct the map before our next session.
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

It sounds like you unlocked the layer the map is on and then moved the map.

If you right click on the image in the images and maps list and select revert changes it should return to its module state.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Such a dumb move on my side seems likely. I'll give a shot during my lunch break and will report back then.
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

Meetings being meetings with their flexible time frame I hadn't a lunch break, but now can say: thank you, Zaccheus. Everthing's fine again.
    Huldvoll winkend

---Jan van Leyden

I notice this only works on maps with background images contained in modules. I wonder if there's any way we make this can apply this to our own background images?

Second question... Is there any way to do this without also clearing out your own dropped pins, LOS data and/or masking?
    Last edited by Moriarity; August 24th, 2020 at 10:39.

For your second question reverting changes removes everything that you have edited in the image (or anything else like stories, etc). If you do move the background image in one of your own creations then it should be possible just to move it back.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information