DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    I've switched to using Simple Brown and I'm definitely still seeing the same issue where some elements are just altogether gone and can't be fixed by scrolling.

Here's an example of the weirdnesses I was experiencing with my group last weekend...characterSheetWeirdness.png

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I believe that the issue Indus101 is referring to is one I have been keeping my eye on for some time.
    Specifically, if a paragraph extends above the text area by more than a little bit, it is hidden entirely (instead of just the part outside the text area).

Here is a demonstration. I am using the PF1e ruleset, so this appears to be ruleset agnostic.
    https://youtu.be/51shjsJICH4
    I just realized that when this happens bold text does not disappear.

Here's a screenshot from a block of text with bold when it's scrolled in a way that is visible:

scroll_bold_1.PNG

Then I scrolled one notch to where the paragraph disappeared, yet the bolded words will still be there:

scroll_bold_2.PNG

I'm just adding this in case it helps find the root cause of the issue.

Here's a couple of screenshots that I took last night with the 5-20 build (with Simple Brown - looking less likely that this helps). It does appear as though the frame has been scrolled in both cases (and the actual scrollbar and mouse wheel work for scrolling the whole window, but nothing can get the frame back.

Scrolled up.pngScrolled up 2.png

Here is my issue with scrolling and text fields.

The latest build seems to be significantly better, but doesn't eliminate it completely. I haven't seen any issues with the combat tracker. I have seen a couple of issues where the top panel of the character or NPC sheet disappeared, but the mouse wheel scroll fixed it. I did see a partial scroll in a pane without a scrollbar today, though:

Partially scrolled.png

That was with 5e Wizards theme and 1.25 ui scale.

Posted this in combat tracker issue thread but this one seems more appropriate...

Have had similar/exact issue last couple of weeks and was tracking this thread. It's still happening as of last night. a single NPC out of a group of 10 npc's in the combat tracker all the sudden had a blank actions section. I just loaded the the NPC sheet and did the actions from there for that guy. Its done that same thing the last few weeks. annoying, but not a show stopper. I also have seen sections of just 1 or 2 player character sheets (abilities last night on one guy) that were blank for me but the player could see them. I was trying to help him level up, but I couldn't. If it helps, it seems to happen later in the sessions but not certain. I don't use LOS this time at all. it crashes the players randomly after a few mins every time and they lost patience :-) . Also of note, sections of the reference manual (icepire peak in this case) show up as blank sometimes on initial opening. I just close the manual and reopen it and most of the time it shows up that time. I'll give all the info I can as I didn't want to stop the session any more than I already had...
    All of these issues have happened using cloud hosting except the most recent session (yesterday) which I had them direct connect to try to see if that helped. They said it seemed more responsive from their end, but the issues above still occurred on my end (host session). LOS seems to be the only thing that outright freezes or crashes things. none of the other issues have been show stoppers.

Host: Unlimited License on windows 10
    Host PC: Alienware X51 R3 8gigs, windows 10 up-to-date, FGU up-to-date
    Modules loaded: players HB, DM guide, Rob2e critically awesome, Dragon of Icepire peak, Fumble Table, DM players,essentials kit rulebook.
    I also have some other Rob2e modules that I load once in awhile to fix or add effects. But not usually loaded initially and I dont do it every session.

Players: 6 (this time. But typically I have 3-5 players and it still happens)
    Players setup: PC's (not sure) but all windows. latest updated demo FGU.

Hope this helps. I'll try to get logs next time but my players are getting a little testy. :-)

Love the product! hope this helps.

Hi all, any update on this bug? It's really a pain. I rarely get through character creation without some page going blank. Closing the character sheet and reopening doesn't help. Have to shut down Unity client completely and restart to get the fields to reappear, which is a real bummer with players waiting.

Below are examples of character sheet pages randomly disappearing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The bug is WAY worse on that 5e Wizards Theme. I realize this isn’t ideal, but if you switch to Simple Brown it still happens from time to time but it’s like 10x less than on the Wizards theme.

It’s an obnoxious, and honestly, game breaking bug that *needs* to be fixed. But switching to Simple Brown made my experience go from “can’t use FGU to run a session” to “mildly irritating”.

The main thing with this issue is recreating it in a consistent way. If you have a campaign where it happens every time when opening a sheet, or following a specific set of steps; then please let me know so we can recreate and track the issue down.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information