DICE PACKS BUNDLE

NPC/Monster effects

I noticed that the npcs/monsters included with the modules have the action rolls included when I drag them onto the combat tracker. Is there a way to store that information on custom monsters?

looking at the Azer for example, it has a heated weapons that adds 1d6 damage to its weapons. But I made a custom monster with a similar ability that doesn't show up.

Sorry if this is a repost, I could only find info on PC effects.

Blog Entries
    You have to use the same verbage/wording as the official monsters in order for FG to understand how to parse the action.

See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ffects-on-NPCs

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, I'll look that over, is there an option for a custom tag effect?
    for example It has an ability that grants it immunity to opportunity attacks for 1-4 rounds. I don't think there is a monster that does that. though its kind of like zephire strike for the ranger.

Blog Entries
    Now way I can think of to code immunity from opportunity attacks. Just like at the table, the DM will have to know what's going on

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

thats fair, one more if I may, can I combine things from the link you sent? for example, a vampiric aura sort of thing where a creature has to make a save or take damage, but that damage gets added to the creatures hp (or thp)?

I found the save section and the regeneration section, just not sure if they would mix.

There isn't an automatic way to get damage added as a heal. What you can do is right click on the damage in chat and select negative and then drag that from chat onto the character to be healed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by flekhabren View Post
    Thanks, I'll look that over, is there an option for a custom tag effect?
    for example It has an ability that grants it immunity to opportunity attacks for 1-4 rounds. I don't think there is a monster that does that. though its kind of like zephire strike for the ranger.
    There doesn't need to be code for that. Simply don't make the opportunity attack. Alternatively use "IMMUNE: all" with a duration of 1 round and put it in the custom effects list, apply it and remove it as needed.

Thread Information