Joshua Stream Pre
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. #11
    There's a small bug in CombatManagerADND.getACHitFromMatrixForNPC that was starting at the wrong index for BECMI. This seemed to fix the killer rat problem, though I didn't test any more beyond that:
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #12
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,711
    I've tweaked it in the ruleset, it wont be out until the 25th as I've already submitted for next week.
    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterno View Post
    There's a small bug in CombatManagerADND.getACHitFromMatrixForNPC that was starting at the wrong index for BECMI. This seemed to fix the killer rat problem, though I didn't test any more beyond that:
    Thank you very much, this indeed fixed the killer rat issue. I will remove the fix once the new ruleset is out.

    I got a bit further and was able to set the correct saving throws, too. But I need to extend the NPC data model and sheet to add a "saves As" field.

  4. #14
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheAvatar View Post
    Thank you very much, this indeed fixed the killer rat issue. I will remove the fix once the new ruleset is out.

    I got a bit further and was able to set the correct saving throws, too. But I need to extend the NPC data model and sheet to add a "saves As" field.
    Saves are calculated based on the HD and "save" table, not "save as". You certainly can make an extension do that but unless I am mistaken the monsters in Basic work the same as AD&D and they have a "save table" for monsters based on hit dice.
    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  5. #15
    No, that is sadly not the case for BECMI. This part is from Chapter 14 of the D&D Basic Rules Cyclopedia:
    Save As (Save)
    This line shows you the character class and
    level at which the monster makes saving throws.
    For example, if the description says "Save: F7 ,"
    then the monster saves as a 7th level fighter.
    C: Cleric
    F: Fighter
    M: Magic-User
    T: Thief
    D: Dwarf
    E: Elf
    H: Halfling
    Refer to the applicable character class description to find the exact saving throws the monster
    uses. As a rule of thumb, unintelligent monsters
    usually save as fighters of half their monster
    level. Some monsters may have special adjustments to some saving throws, as given in their
    descriptions.

  6. #16
    celestian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    2,711
    Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheAvatar View Post
    No, that is sadly not the case for BECMI. This part is from Chapter 14 of the D&D Basic Rules Cyclopedia:
    Oh, yeah, wow. Yup, you're going to need to enter all the save tables and then reference them for saves. It will require changing the function that gets the saves for a npc but the basic structure can be used... just need to add the options to select it and then point to that one instead of the more generic form used now.
    ---
    Coding the Official AD&D Ruleset
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    My Twitch Channel for AD&D and FG related streams (See schedule for live days)
    My YouTube for FG related Tutorials and AD&D Actual Plays
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Oh, yeah, wow. Yup, you're going to need to enter all the save tables and then reference them for saves. It will require changing the function that gets the saves for a npc but the basic structure can be used... just need to add the options to select it and then point to that one instead of the more generic form used now.
    Thanks for the infos. And no worries, I already entered the Cleric‘s and Fighter‘s saving throws. And changed the mapping of individual saves (as death, petrification, rod, and so on) to the correct column in the entry (they are different to AD&D).
    I also created a function that should look up the correct saving roll.
    As I said I need a new field in NPCs to make it work, but I should be able to figure it out myself.

  8. #18
    FlynnTheAvatar - good luck with your project - I'm (like many people I suspect) are looking forward to seeing where your project winds up - BECMI has a soft spot in my heart...lots of great gaming as a kid.

    Play Adventurers League games on Fantasy Grounds Here!

  9. #19
    Okay, this is a snapshot of what I done so far: becmi.ext.

    It is far from finished, but the attacks and saves are all entered. And the NPC sheet has now a field "Saves As". If you enter a valid shortcut (NM = Normal Man, F1 = Fighter 1, ...), it calculates the correct saves. But you need to update a different field also to force a refresh.

    Could somebody please tell me what is needed to force a recalculation/refresh of the NPC sheet after changing the "Saves As" field?

    Thanks!

  10. #20
    I haven’t looked at your code but it sounds like you need to add a Db handler for when your new property updates. If you open up the 2E or CorrRPG ruleset, look through the code for how it does this for the other fields. Search for DB.addHandler or even just “onUpdate” to kind of see how it works, and narrow it down by focusing on one of those properties you can change to force an update and make sure your property’s handler calls the same thing

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
FGU Twitter Sweepstakes

Log in

Log in