STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I checked gitlab and did not see any. See it now and processed merge.

One thing you might want to check, I corrected the hook in the 2E ruleset that did not properly calculate the entire span of the matrix (was to small). You should not need the matrix fix bit of code any longer.

I'm going to try and have gitlab send me notices for these things so I can resolve them quicker for you.
    No worries. And thank you for merging my changes and fixing the hook. I will test and do another pull request for removing the workaround.

Mmh, it seems that attack rolls are broken the other way round. I created a new Fighter (adding a class by hand, not dragging a 2e class the sheet), and he is missing every roll:
    [ATTACK (M)] Longsword [THACO(19)]
    Attack [17] ->[ATTACK (M)] [at Rat, Giant 2] [Hit-AC: 20 vs. 7 ] [AC: 20 ] [MISS]
    He has a THAC0 of 19, and the attack matrix looks good:
    Attack Matrix.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheAvatar View Post
    Mmh, it seems that attack rolls are broken the other way round. I created a new Fighter (adding a class by hand, not dragging a 2e class the sheet), and he is missing every roll:

He has a THAC0 of 19, and the attack matrix looks good:
    Attack Matrix.jpg
    THACO isn't a thing for you guys. You use a matrix that doesn't follow the math for thaco... I get confused when it's mentioned in this context.

Are you saying the changes I made to the hooks are wrong, or you've run into a problem with what you've setup?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Sorry, I have no idea of the inner workings of the 2e mod. So, I hope this will explain the issue:
    First, I removed the workaround Sterno made from the extension and loaded up 2e mod + latest BECMI extension.

Then I added a Giant Rat both from the 2e MM and what I created from BECMI stat block to the Combat Tracker.
    Afterwards I added a new character, added one level to it (I did not drag any class from PHB, just added one level), set the HPs to 8, dragged a Longsword into Attacks, set THAC0 to 19 and dragged him to the Combat Tracker.

The attacks from both rats were correct (before your fix monsters hit every time). But the char now never hits (he was hitting on a 12 before your change as expected).

So, monster attacks are working, but character attacks seem to be broken. Or I did miss somehting that needs to be done if I create a char with the BECMI extension.

Sorry, I have no idea of the inner workings of the 2e mod. So, I hope this will explain the issue:
    First, I removed the workaround Sterno made from the extension and loaded up 2e mod + latest BECMI extension.

Then I added a Giant Rat both from the 2e MM and what I created from BECMI stat block to the Combat Tracker.
    Afterwards I added a new character, added one level to it (I did not drag any class from PHB, just added one level), set the HPs to 8, dragged a Longsword into Attacks, set THAC0 to 19 and dragged him to the Combat Tracker.

The attacks from both rats were correct (before your fix monsters hit every time). But the char now never hits (he was hitting on a 12 before your change as expected).

So, monster attacks are working, but character attacks seem to be broken. Or I did miss somehting that needs to be done if I create a char with the BECMI extension.
    When using the extension I originally created with a pc with a pre-built matrix it looks fine to me.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

When using the extension I originally created with a pc with a pre-built matrix it looks fine to me.
    You mean that you entered the correct values for all ACs in the Combat Matrix?

Setting the THAC0 or dropping a level of Fighter on the char did not change the values in the Combat Matrix; they are all still set to 20. That seems to be the reason the attacks did not work for me. After entering the correct values for all ACs from -20 to 19 fixed the issue. The char is now properly hitting the Rat with rolling a 12 or higher.
    Last edited by FlynnTheAvatar; June 1st, 2020 at 14:03. Reason: Fixing quote, typo

You mean that you entered the correct values for all ACs in the Combat Matrix?

Setting the THAC0 or dropping a level of Fighter on the char did not change the values in the Combat Matrix; they are all still set to 20. That seems to be the reason the attacks did not work for me. After entering the correct values for all ACs from -20 to 19 fixed the issue. The char is now properly hitting the Rat with rolling a 12 or higher.
    To be clear, THACO is not a thing for BECMI or 1E when using the extensions I wrote.

THACO and Level doesn't alter the matrix for PCs. They get their "matrix" set through class. You can manually adjust it in the Combat details section as I am presuming you found

When creating a class you'll need to configure the matrix for each level of the class when it changes.
    ---

When creating a class you'll need to configure the matrix for each level of the class when it changes.
    Okay, thanks. This would be the next thing I was going to work on. I have all matrixes already entered, I need to check if I can reference them from the classes.

Sorry, it seems I need some help for setting the values, please. It is a bit complicated, because there is a field called "Attack Matrix", and a "Combat Matrix" (if you click on the gear symbol right of "Combat" in the Actions tab).

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the "Combat Matrix" is the important part. I need to enter the correct values there for the rolls to work. So, how can I do this? I tried to look at campaign/scripts/char_matrix_thaco.lua, but I do not get it how the stuff works. I do not see any parts where you write to the "Combat Matrix". It is just read if the coreVersion is 1e (or not 2e).

My guess is that I need to enter special handling to createTHACOMatrix if coreVersion is becmi. In that case I iterate of the classes, take the first one (as BECMI has no multiclassing), short the class name (Fighter -> F, Magic User -> MU, ...), concat the level and see if I can find the entry in aMatrix. And then I have to set the values in each field in "Combat Matrix".

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry, it seems I need some help for setting the values, please. It is a bit complicated, because there is a field called "Attack Matrix", and a "Combat Matrix" (if you click on the gear symbol right of "Combat" in the Actions tab).

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the "Combat Matrix" is the important part. I need to enter the correct values there for the rolls to work. So, how can I do this? I tried to look at campaign/scripts/char_matrix_thaco.lua, but I do not get it how the stuff works. I do not see any parts where you write to the "Combat Matrix". It is just read if the coreVersion is 1e (or not 2e).

My guess is that I need to enter special handling to createTHACOMatrix if coreVersion is becmi. In that case I iterate of the classes, take the first one (as BECMI has no multiclassing), short the class name (Fighter -> F, Magic User -> MU, ...), concat the level and see if I can find the entry in aMatrix. And then I have to set the values in each field in "Combat Matrix".

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Not sure what you're trying to do but...you just set the values here for the levels it changes.

---

Thread Information