STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Host client entirely freezes after players connect

Hello,

I've been running into issues today with the latest version of the FGU client (2020-03-26) (including having followed the instructions from the announcement). Players are able to connect, but after 1 or sometimes 2 players join, my host client freezes and does not unfreeze.

I have tried on a 2019 Macbook Pro on the latest version of MacOS, and a 2015 Macbook Pro, also on the latest version of MacOS.

All my players are also on the latest version of FGU, and none have had any issues resolving the connection and loading into the tabletop. However soon after any of them join the host client will freeze, forcing me to force close. I've waited between 5-10 minutes multiple times, to see if it will unfreeze, but no luck.

I am in process of installing FGU on my Windows PC to see if that will make a difference, but I can't say I'm hopeful, and so am going ahead and making this post.

Hope someone can provide some insight! I've run one successful session with FGU and loved it, but my last two attempts have failed, which is frustrating.

EDIT: Alright, I've tried on my Windows PC and was met with the exact same issue.

I also tried new campaigns and new game systems, just to see if it was an issue with a campaign or module, but the outcome was the same in each case.
    Last edited by lashiel; March 28th, 2020 at 21:23.

Although this is manifesting to you as a hang issue, it sounds a lot like a networking issue to me. FGU is largely single-threaded and network-transfers are at least sometimes capable of making the UI appear stuck as well. Here's the thread explaining what information you can provide to get yourself fast-tracked into getting the attention of a dev: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hat-To-Provide

I'm pretty sure they want to be looking at these issues, but I haven't seen really any threads providing all the requested information. If you can get together with your DM and provide a complete report, you may find yourself at the front of the line to get developer support.

Blog Entries
    Who is your ISP?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

ISP is Comcast/Xfinity. Connection is a 1 Gbps cable one. I will work on gathering all the information requested in that post. I'm the DM, and two of the players live with me, so shouldn't be an issue to get logs from an involved machine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lashiel View Post
    ISP is Comcast/Xfinity. Connection is a 1 Gbps cable one. I will work on gathering all the information requested in that post. I'm the DM, and two of the players live with me, so shouldn't be an issue to get logs from an involved machine.
    You will also need to see this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-XFinity-Users

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I can look into and follow those instructions, however, I'm curious: I ran a successful session for 4 hours with these same players and the exact same setup last Sunday. Is this something that would have changed in that time period?

EDIT: I apparently don't even have "xFi". When I attempt to follow the instructions in that thread, I'm presented with a screen telling me I'm not eligible for xFi due to my devices or plan. If I try and follow through that, it tells me that my device is totally up to date and valid, and asks if I want to browse plans. If I click that it proceeds to give me many options for things which cost more and give me far less, so I assume I just don't have whatever it is.
    Last edited by lashiel; March 28th, 2020 at 22:39.

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear its not the advanced security issue.

Yes things could have changed on your computer. Your ISP could have moved you to IPv6 without telling you. Windows Update could have set your connection to Public. You router could need to be rebooted.

Or it could be the changes that are being made to the connection server and FG. Don't know. See the link provided by Pollux and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Glad to hear its not the advanced security issue.

Yes things could have changed on your computer. Your ISP could have moved you to IPv6 without telling you. Windows Update could have set your connection to Public. You router could need to be rebooted.

Or it could be the changes that are being made to the connection server and FG. Don't know. See the link provided by Pollux and see if that helps.
    I definitely wasn't moved to IPv6 (easily verified), I'm not on windows, and I factory reset my router and modem. But I do take your point, and appreciated you chiming in. I PMed Moon Wizard with a zip file of all the relevant logs that thread asks for, so I suppose we'll see.

I am having this exact same issue! Could not reliably recreate the issue. Like you, a week ago the team was running successful campaigns, now we have people not wanting to play.

Having the same exact issues. Spectrum internet (100Mbps down, 10Mbps up) and behind Cisco Firepower box. Port forwarding/NAT rules, access list both worked on Thursday, but today client froze with more than 1 person trying to join. Tried cloud too, just for kicks, but frustrating to have a bought an Ultimate License for a product that isn't even able to get us to the testing phase due to join/load/crash issues. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlsy2twnpo...nsole.log?dl=0

Thread Information