DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to handle a Roll from a Wildcard that has no Wild die?

Hi everyone.

I don't know how to handle this. In Beast & Barbarians, there is a rule for downtime. Things can happen to characters when they use the table for it. One thing is that they get a bit rusty with skills. The rules say, as long as they are not investing a benny to reroll a skill roll, they are not allowed to use a wild die with this skill.

Is there a way to mark a skill to simulate this? Can I remove a wild die from a roll? One skill that got chosen is fighting, so it could get interesting next game.

I have tried to remove the wild die from the attack sheet, with "erase die" but it keeps getting added back.

Any ideas?

Thank you all for your input on how to solve this.

Just have them roll the dice from the bottom left dice pool.

Yes, you are right. Thank you for your input.
    That does it for any other skill, beside "fighting", which is used in the combat tracker. And that is the problem.

If I make a roll with dice from the bottom left and drag them on a combatant, the combat tracker thinks it is the damage, not the attack roll.

So how can I tell the system to do an attack without a wild die inside the combat tracker?
    I mean, there is a way to add a wild die to non-wild cards (group roll), so is there a way to tell the system to remove it for a roll?
    I know I can make an effect to lower the wild die with [fighting -1wd] but the lowest is d4 for rolls. 0wd or -2wd does not ignore the wild die.

And yes it can be solved outside the CT, I was just wondering if I can do it with an effect or by pressing a button while rolling.
    Modify the attack roll afterwards in the tracker, that is a solution, but I hoped there would be such a simple way as to tell the system to ignore the wild die for a specific roll.

The problem is not really a problem, it is just "me" wanting to know if there is a way inside the system I don't know about.

The only way I can think of to do this is to toggle their wild card status on and off
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    The only way I can think of to do this is to toggle their wild card status on and off
    Yeah that is the way to do it - right click on the wildcard icon on the character sheet and toggle the wildcard status. Nice one Skellan

Thank you, that's it. I already tried to toggle "Wild Card", but naturally with a left click, that did not do anything.
    Right click does the magic.

"not see the forest for the trees"
    Thank you... And again I learned a new trick.

Cheers to you all and happy gaming.

Thread Information