FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Just started playing around with Beasts and Barbarians Steel Edition. Loving it so far.

I also love the theme. However, the border spacing seems off in FGU. I haven't checked the theme extension in FGC. For example, special abilities overlaps it's button and it appears to me that all buttons should appear in the more olive color of the boarder. Maybe I'm the only one experiencing this. However, I would love to use this theme for other things as well.

Screenshot attached. BB Theme.jpg
    Last edited by Kyler; January 15th, 2021 at 16:58.

Blog Entries
    I haven't looked in FGU yet but yeah the B&B theme always had some incorrect math in the theme and I just never got around to tweaking it. I have the next two weeks off work so I will get it taken care of (finally). Thanks for the reminder!

Excellent. Thank you. Hope you have a great day.

Hello Talyn,
    thank you for your work.

I have noticed, that there are some wrong numbers in some items (armor table/players guide/FGU)

light armor bracers/greaves show an armor rating of 21, truly blessed by some greater gods (it should be 1)

light armor suit shows armor rating 2 (should be 1)

and also when you equip different armor pieces, the armor rating adds up, but shouldn't it be the torso armor only that is added against attacks? I have not found a way to correct the wrong numbers myself, besides making new entries of these items as a workaround.

Some minor issues in the theme (not game breaking): The word modifier (black) on the modifiers field near the dice is barely readable. Same goes for the top line in the combat tracker and the rounds label in the foot of the box. If you know what should be there you can see the words on the dark backdrop. This is also noticeable in some windows like: images (group), story (group), npc (group), encounters (group) etc. The top of the tables of items, armor, weapons etc... (whenever there is black typo over the dark backdrop).

I don't know if the color of these fonts can be adjusted. I would have tinkered with this myself, but I am no good at scripting and the theme and rule set is not editable (read only).

Thank you very much for the time and effort you put into this rule set.

Best wishes from barbarian Bavaria with Beasts!

Blog Entries
    Thought I'd give a quick update on BBSE. While it is currently on the back burner (no choice, I have projects ahead of it in the queue, a few at the specific request of Pinnacle), here is where I kinda at with the overall thought process:

1) I had requested to start working on supplements (all of which were BBGE supplements so I'd have to swap them to BBSE then update for SWADE) but GRAmel told me to not start those. No explanation given other than it "sounded" like perhaps they were working on some official guidelines to accomplish that so that I wasn't just doing the adjustments out of my arse. That was well over a year ago, and still no word on what's going on with that.

2) Beginning with Tattered Banners, practically all of the supplements use the custom Tokens, as well as BBSE already shipping with a few custom Token types. None of these are currently supported in FG; the GM and/or players have to track those manually. Some of the Tokens are directly related to the Mass Battles system. I asked Ikael last week if there is any plan to support the Mass Battles system in FG, but he (currently) does not. Someone recently released an extension in the FG Forge that does support the basic SWADE Mass Battles system. BBSE uses a customized version of that so while I have not yet used the extension, I don't feel it is the right thing to do to release an official product that requires a third-party extension to use. So for the time being, if GRAmel even permits me to release any supplements on FG, they will not have Mass Battles or Token support.

3) I am, however, giving some conceptual thoughts to the Heroic Bennies (Golden and Steel) that BBSE uses. The Player Guide lists a few, then most or all of the adventures also provide new ones and it's suggested that the GM create them for their campaigns. So my current thoughts is these should be a new record type with their own Master Index window (ie. sidebar window) which allows the GM to drag/drop them onto a character as well as create their own custom Heroic Bennies. I'll be discussing the idea with Ikael and when we come up with a final decision, hopefully Heroic Bennies will be included in the extension for the next (?) update I am able to provide.

Thanks for the update.

Blog Entries
    Additional problem I just discovered: several of the supplements and adventures are priced (on DriveThruRPG which GRAmel seems to be using as their primary sales outlet now) below the FG Store minimum of $4.99. I do have an idea for my next BBSE project(s) that I'll have to run by SmiteWorks for approval, but shouldn't be an issue since we did the same thing for one of my final projects for Castles & Crusades. ::hint::

Ever have a chance to look at the theme?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyler View Post
    Ever have a chance to look at the theme?
    I did, yes. I got the sidebar more or less 'fixed' (could still use a tweak probably) but in the process of correcting the bottom bar, I somehow chopped off the whole bottom section of that image.

I also tracked down the 'modcollector' fonts and have adjusted the color, although that one is just gonna end up coming down to needing a different image than the one packaged in SWADE. I have one in mind but I have to show it to QA and have them ask GRAmel if they have the source image for me or not so that might take some time.

Probably what I'll do in the interim is just release a short update/hotfix to at least switch the font colors so they're readable. May or may not include the theme fix in that one, but once I get an answer on the image I'm looking for I have to release a larger update anyway that removes the Arcane Background Lua scripts and add in the new data format that allows the ABs to be contained in the records.

I'm not home from work til Friday night so I'll miss the deadline for next week's update (Sep 7) so that may give me time to cram stuff into a larger patch for Sep 14. Fingers crossed anyway...

Hi,
    I have been starting to run a campaign in Beasts and Barbarians Steel Edition, but have found an error that I've now worked around but you may be able to fix easily. Currently, Arcane Background (Path of Enlightenment) is not listed on the Powers "Arcane Background" button, hence the automation is broken for all related powers. As one of my players wishes to play a monk, you can see the need.
    Thanks for this otherwise excellent piece of work,

Caratacus

Thread Information